Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 09:22 PM

325 posts, read 1,124,319 times

Advertisements

Shoesx, Hasn't this been alot of fun though ?? I hope others will find this thread and add to it also. David Doerr has some blogs on , they are real good to read. I really enjoy them. I have tried my best to find some photos to put on here from the Manor from when I was about 2, I know there was a couple from the playground and I don't know the boy in the background. I have came across these photos so many times through the years...but now that I need them I can't find them. Have you tried to find Jerry Pratt? I will try to email him . I can send you the last email addres I have for him, I'll send it to your Direct Message. Hyden
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 10:07 PM

25 posts, read 64,992 times
Hyden I cant tell you what this has blog meant to me. Ive always had this empty feeling when others talked about their childhood. Lacking anyone to share old times with, memories fade. You folks have given me something invaluable. I look forward to contacting Jerry. I plan a trip to the old neighborhood
sometime this summer. Sad to hear Stratford Manor is gone. I agree, I hope others find this thread and awaken us to other wonderful memories. I wish I could contribute more.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:31 PM

Default friends

Shoesx , I think I can speak for all in here that we are glad your with us. Your comments mean alot to us. So don't even think about leaving us.

Hyden

Old 05-02-2009, 10:44 PM

25 posts, read 64,992 times
You can be sure if something of value pops into this old brain of mine I will be happy to share. Hyden I sent a message to Jerry. You by the way are a darling. To old folks that means your special.

Last edited by shoesx; 05-02-2009 at 11:15 PM..

Old 05-03-2009, 04:59 PM

185 posts, read 458,516 times
shoesx, glad to see that you are still with us.We have had so many to post a couple of notes then just stop their contact with us.I know what you mean by the thread "taking you back".That was a much sweeter and simpler time in our lives and it stuck with some of us.Stay with us ,you never know when someone will post more pics.A.F.D.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:09 PM

Default Just Wondering ?????

Hey Everybody, I was thinking about the Drs. Office that was in the Manor ( across the alley from the drug store in a bungalow) , I wonder if anyone remembers the Drs. name ?

When we moved back in 64, the Manor no longer had a Dr. for the residents. I don't know for sure if he was still there when we left around 62. Oh well, I get these things on my mind sometimes. I hope someone remembers. Hyden

Old 05-06-2009, 07:58 AM

101 posts, read 228,828 times
i grew up in the manor from '56 to '68 . i lived in the bungalow closest to the swim pool. eastwood drive came straight in from eastwood circle back then. coke may have moved it ( according to ariel view) . i remember the buntaines lived in 1st. bldg. on rite as you crossed duck creek. it was indeed a great place to grow up. it was kinda like projects(950 apts. i worked for them from 14 till 17 yrs. old in summer). but kept up better then those you see elsewhere.....till the lastfew years of existance..the blantons, suttons,estes's,criswells,fedocks,clarks,butchies, higgens,hydens,browns,muellers, peytons, are just a few of the families i remember well fro then.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 AM

Jerry, ..I am so happy to see you here.!!!! Did Shoex get in touch with you? I'm glad you mentioned the names of the other families, the Butchies lived in the Apt. behind us, and you know we were in the same court. The Buntains were close friends with our familly. Jerry I want you to look at the school pictures I had put on here, I think they are on page 30 or around there, i think you are in some of them with Jr. I'll check back in later. Don't go nowhere now...stay with us. Hyden

Old 05-06-2009, 10:04 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Jerry, looks like you moved into the Manor shortly after we moved there. How old were you 1956?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:27 AM

101 posts, read 228,828 times
hey betty yeah don got in touch and told me about this blog... i got on b4 going thru the pages and pics. about 20% thru now but it is a great site. i remember standing in line at docs. to get vaccine when i was 10...can't remember his name but he made a couple housecalls for me.back later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati