Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2023, 03:22 PM

38 posts, read 26,665 times

Advertisements

I'll be north of Sharonville across I-275 tomorrow and may need a taxi ride from there down to Anderson Township. As I haven't taken a taxi since the 90s, I'm looking to see if anyone can recommend one or more taxi outfits to me. For example, I see Yellow Cab is in Sharonville but have no idea if it's worth calling. (FWIW, Uber and Lyft aren't options or I'd probably choose them.)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2023, 09:01 AM

189 posts, read 309,923 times
I saw on Google maps that there are a few cab companies based near the Sharonville area. If your arrival time in Anderson is critical you might call the cab companies with the better ratings now and ask how far in advance you can request a pickup. Make sure you let them know your destination, and see what time they suggest picking you up.

For what it is worth, I used to moonlight as a taxi driver in the early 90s and back in that day it was common for people to call in advance to reserve a cab, especially for trips to the airport. I'd recommend the company that I drove for but they are no longer in business.

Final two cents here and admittedly getting off topic. As a former taxi driver I would never use a ride share service. Too much wear on your personal vehicle. Better to lease a cab for the day. Perhaps you are also a former cab driver or maybe went through many sets of brake pads delivering pizzas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati