Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2023, 07:10 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times

Advertisements

Well, I've been looking in Loveland but not Wyoming, so thanks for the advice.

I am moving from Texas so it's a lot different here than there. Basically not very "walkable" anywhere. LOL However, when I was visiting family in the Dayton area, I recall that from the eastern suburbs of Dayton to the western suburbs of Columbus was about an hour drive, and the entire time, my SIL kept saying "I am so sorry it's so far, I am so sorry it's so far," but I finally said, "Listen, I am from Texas, where an hour is NOTHING to drive!"

So like I said, anything basically that fits my criteria and is between Dayton and Cincinnati. I am not that familiar with the concept of a small town in between metro areas. I mean, I live in a small town but I consider it to be a bedroom community of a larger town, and I would also consider many suburban areas to be bedroom communities of larger towns like Dayton or Cincinnati.

Not interested in living in a rural area because one thing I didn't mention is that I currently live in a suburban neighborhood and the yard basically is a drain on me every single week because I pay someone to mow and edge it and take general care of it. So I really prefer a small lot if at all posslble. Not opposed to reasonable HOA fees if necessary but I'd prefer to avoid those, unless lawn care is included in a reasonable HOA fee (around $300 a month).

I do like old fashioned downtown areas, walkability, and a wide range of restaurants, but I don't mind driving to the restaurants if that makes sense. I mean, there's not much in my small town but I drive into a larger metro nearly every day. It's about a 20 to 25 minute drive. I'd prefer not to have to do that though.

Basically I would prefer living in a small town just outside of Cincinnati or Dayton, and of course the closer to Lebanon the better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2023, 07:48 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Here’s a rather nice looking one.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...=srp-list-card

Old 12-11-2023, 12:43 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Basically I would prefer living in a small town just outside of Cincinnati or Dayton, and of course the closer to Lebanon the better!
Centerville is nice, just outside of Dayton.

Old 12-11-2023, 01:17 PM

140 posts, read 66,499 times
This may be an odd question, but are there any stores/shopping that you would prefer to be near i.e. Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, etc?

Old 12-11-2023, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRNorth View Post
This may be an odd question, but are there any stores/shopping that you would prefer to be near i.e. Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, etc?
No, that's not an odd question but I would prefer to be about an hour tops from Costco, etc. I think most of the stores will differ significantly from what I'm used to though, so frankly I don't really know. I will google a few.

Old 12-11-2023, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Centerville is nice, just outside of Dayton.
You and my daughter both really like it! I will have to check it out.

Old 12-11-2023, 04:38 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
You and my daughter both really like it! I will have to check it out.
Yes, and I already recommended Centerville the last time you asked. The thing is that the property taxes are high because of the great schools and sports programs, and KA doesn’t need to be paying for that.

Old 12-11-2023, 06:42 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,409,475 times
Quote:
Well, I've been looking in Loveland but not Wyoming, so thanks for the advice.

I am moving from Texas so it's a lot different here than there. Basically not very "walkable" anywhere. LOL However, when I was visiting family in the Dayton area, I recall that from the eastern suburbs of Dayton to the western suburbs of Columbus was about an hour drive, and the entire time, my SIL kept saying "I am so sorry it's so far, I am so sorry it's so far," but I finally said, "Listen, I am from Texas, where an hour is NOTHING to drive!"

So like I said, anything basically that fits my criteria and is between Dayton and Cincinnati. I am not that familiar with the concept of a small town in between metro areas. I mean, I live in a small town but I consider it to be a bedroom community of a larger town, and I would also consider many suburban areas to be bedroom communities of larger towns like Dayton or Cincinnati.

Not interested in living in a rural area because one thing I didn't mention is that I currently live in a suburban neighborhood and the yard basically is a drain on me every single week because I pay someone to mow and edge it and take general care of it. So I really prefer a small lot if at all posslble. Not opposed to reasonable HOA fees if necessary but I'd prefer to avoid those, unless lawn care is included in a reasonable HOA fee (around $300 a month).

I do like old fashioned downtown areas, walkability, and a wide range of restaurants, but I don't mind driving to the restaurants if that makes sense. I mean, there's not much in my small town but I drive into a larger metro nearly every day. It's about a 20 to 25 minute drive. I'd prefer not to have to do that though.

Lebanon is basically a small town outside Cincinnati (certainly outside metropolitan Cincinnati)…have you just considered living there? It has a nice, little downtown, you are probably 20 minutes to big box store shopping, etc.

Old 12-11-2023, 07:51 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Lebanon is basically a small town outside Cincinnati (certainly outside metropolitan Cincinnati)…have you just considered living there? It has a nice, little downtown, you are probably 20 minutes to big box store shopping, etc.
Ahh The Golden Lamb....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Lamb_Inn

Great suggestion btw!

Old 12-12-2023, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Yes, and I already recommended Centerville the last time you asked. The thing is that the property taxes are high because of the great schools and sports programs, and KA doesn’t need to be paying for that.
That's true but hey, I am living in Texas right now so property taxes are already high for me! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati