Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 01:33 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Dude, you're just hanging around with the wrong people. Losers. I haven't heard a caucasian person, who would know my name, use the N-word since high school. And, if you live in a dump, work for pennies, and don't go out much, anywhere will look pretty dismal. When I hear someone complain like this, all I can say is: everywhere you go, problem is that you'll be there.
Nicely said, wilson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 08:41 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Nicely said, wilson.
Why thank you, Cinci Rise. Even a broken clock is right a couple times a day.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:12 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Thumbs up Well Said Wilson...and Points for Cincy-Rise

Wilson, I'll be honest right off the bat---I haven't always agreed with everything you've posted, but I respected you because you spoke your mind and stood by your words...same with you, Cincy...I'm glad there are folks like you living in this area, who will rise to its defense when necessary...

But Wilson, you hit it outta the park with your last post...and I'm squarely in the camp of those who are sick and tired of people painting Cincinnati and the SW Ohio area (i'm in Middletown, that supposedly 'fast dying' city---try telling my wife or any of our neighbors that LOL) as something out of 'Grand Theft Auto' or ground zero for the next Apocalypse!

Peanut'sMom, if you're still en route here, then welcome...this, despite all the 'haters' and naysayers is a GOOD place to live and raise a family---the ONLY gripe I have about Ohio is one, sadly, that a lot of folks have...I can't stand the winters, and at 53, with retirement not far off, the prospect of a warmer climate is most appealing...

However, my wife and I have been discussing alternatives, such as spending winters elsewhere, because spring and summer and fall here are most bearable
and besides, I dont know how many more 'moves' I have left in this old carcass of mine LOL...besides, all our friends and family are here, and the more she 'woks on me' the more I realize how right she is about not wanting to 'start all over' in a strange (albeit warm) place...

Seek then the counsel of folks like Wilson...Cincy-Rise...JLRosen...HartwellGirl...GoyGuy (the sage of SW Ohio and my favorite ex-Cincinnatian LOL)...Hillside (Mr Tell-It-Like-It-Is)...and yours truly, Captain Catfish...we'll try to help as much as we can, we'll tell yout the truth, and we'll try not to steer you wrong

Old 03-23-2009, 09:33 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Your're just 53, but you talk as if you already were 73 And by the time you really do retire, they will grow palm trees in Cincinnati

Old 03-23-2009, 11:21 AM

Talking LOL...you may be right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Your're just 53, but you talk as if you already were 73 And by the time you really do retire, they will grow palm trees in Cincinnati
LOL...Neuling, I should have also said '53 and borderline diabetic, with arthritis and high blood pressure and cholesterol'...some mornings getting up I FEEL 73

Old 03-23-2009, 11:30 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
LOL...Neuling, I should have also said '53 and borderline diabetic, with arthritis and high blood pressure and cholesterol'...some mornings getting up I FEEL 73
Oh my, so we should be grateful you are still among us
If you were vegetarian, maybe two or three of the four things you mentioned would not be bothering you now

Old 03-23-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Oh my, so we should be grateful you are still among us
If you were vegetarian, maybe two or three of the four things you mentioned would not be bothering you now
LOL...trust me, my wife has been after me for the last 2 years now to overhaul my diet...I've cleaned a LOT of the bad stuff out, but some things (i.e. meat and sugar) are REAAAALLLLYYY hard to let go of

Old 03-23-2009, 03:54 PM

71 posts, read 229,482 times
Captaincatfish,
Ever gave Stevia a try instead of white processed sugar? You can locate some at whole foods located on Mason-Montgomery Rd or there is a health food store located on Cin-Day Rd (Amy's) located down the street from the new Walmart on Cin-Day Rd and I-75.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:33 AM

Exclamation Hello Fellow Middletonian! (Is That Right? LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by middyDJ View Post
Captaincatfish,
Ever gave Stevia a try instead of white processed sugar? You can locate some at whole foods located on Mason-Montgomery Rd or there is a health food store located on Cin-Day Rd (Amy's) located down the street from the new Walmart on Cin-Day Rd and I-75.
Nice to know I'm not alone out here in CD-land...and not trying to 'hijack' the thread, but it's funny you mention Stevia---my wife and I RARELY use white sugar to cook with anymore...we use either Splenda, or Kroger's house brand Apriva...the sugar content I speak of comes from the brownies, cookies, ice cream, etc that come in the house 'cause of my mom-in-law's sweet tooth---when temptation is in front of you, it's kinda hard to resist LOL

Old 03-26-2009, 08:39 AM

8 posts, read 12,192 times
Default Got you instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
^ *coming from someone that moved here that was home to the city with the highest suicide rate* ... Gotcha!
Oh no you didn't! Washington ranks 35th to 37th on the suicide list , the top 3 are Las Vegas, Reno and Atlantic City, then there's always South Dakota! While some people lump all of Washington state with the Pacific Northwest where it is grey and rainy and can lead to SAD, they are usually smart enough to move away if they don't like it. I love it! Keeps out the riff raff.

But I do concur that people have a love and blind spot usually for the place they grew up so I am not the definitive judge on Cincinnati.

BTW, to whoever implied I live in a dump and never get out....wrong! I have 4 acres, am remodeling my house to be "green", bamboo floors, recycled carpet and no I don't mean used carpet, I mean carpet made from recycled pop bottles, 0 VOC paints, etc., I go to school, work etc. Pretty busy actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati