Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:40 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,453,904 times

Advertisements

What all can you tell me about Landen, which is out in Warren County south of Kings Island.

What is the repuation of the place, positive, negative, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 02:05 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Landen is the quintessential upscale, white, suburban bedroom community. Every family is 4.7 persons, with a mother, father and exactly 2.7 adorable children. Expect Stepford wives to bring baked goods to your door and offer you membership in MOMS. Husbands drive new, fuel efficient sedans in gold and silver. And, there is not a single tatoo in all of Landen, except when the landscapers are on the job. If you like barbeque grills and cornhole (not what you think, believe it or not, its actually a game played with beanbags), you'll love Landen.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:46 PM

66 posts, read 189,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferyT View Post
What all can you tell me about Landen, which is out in Warren County south of Kings Island.

What is the repuation of the place, positive, negative, etc.
Landen is a great, safe community and is in the excellent rated Kings School District. It's close to Deerfield Towne Centre and other shopping areas, and there is easy access to I-71. There are many different neighborhoods within Landen. Landen Lake is in the center. The houses and condos around the lake are beautiful, some very large. There are a lot of cool lakehouses, but it is difficult to find one for sale. The community is filled with different styles of houses and condos. Some of the areas have a Florida "feel" to them. There are walking/biking paths throughout Landen and around the lake that are very popular with residents.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:16 AM

221 posts, read 437,170 times
I grew up in Landen and lived there for 24 years. It is a great place for your kids to grow up. Every neighborhood has a pool, plenty of woods with creeks, sidewalks and bike paths for riding or walking. It is very safe and although there isnt much crime, the Deerfield police take pride in keeping that area safe. The lake is very nice too.

There is plenty to do with Kings Island & The Beach close by. Kings schools are top notch, without the crowd of Mason IMO. I can honestly say I knew 99% of the near 200 kids I graduated with, mainly because everyone went there from Kindergarten.

A plus is there is a wide range of house prices in Landen. There are some on the lake that go for 500k, while you can find some under 100k probably.

One negative is how deserted Landen Square has become due to all of the stores moving to Mason Montgomery or 48. This could easily be fixed with lowering the rent IMO. Still, it is safe enough for kids to ride their bikes up to get food up there. Let me know if you need any other advice

Old 05-12-2009, 08:06 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Landen was a planned community that wasn't planned all that well, alas, because it's impossible to walk anywhere.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:10 AM

221 posts, read 437,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Landen was a planned community that wasn't planned all that well, alas, because it's impossible to walk anywhere.
Except for the bike paths that connect every neighborhood, side walks in every neighborhood, a path around the entire lake (2.5 miles), a bike path down Landen Drive to walk on, basically you can walk from one point in Landen to every other point. Im not sure what you are talking about

Old 05-15-2009, 10:35 PM

This path system sounds interesting.

Any intel on how old this area is? Age range for the houses and condos?

Old 05-16-2009, 01:41 AM

1,086 posts, read 2,702,997 times
The comment "Landen was a planned community that wasn't planned all that well, alas, because it's impossible to walk anywhere" is quite accurate. The plats all have sidewalks; but as a pedestrian or cyclist it's quite hazardous to use or cross major thoroughfares like Columbia Rd or Montgomery Rd. In Landen you're marooned in your little plat. "After all, who doesn't have a car?" probably says the typical Landen resident. You have a world class bicycle trail just down the hill (the Little Miami bikeway) but getting there from Landen, not that far away, is fairly hazardous.

The path system is basically for taking a walk around the lake. It doesn't connect to anything interesting or to any businesses. In order to walk on the path you have to have a CSA membership or be a guest of someone who lives there.

House construction was started there in the early 70s and the oldest sections like Montgomery Hills date from around 1975. When I lived there around 1990 most of Landen (the area between Columbia and Landen Drive on the north and up to Socialville Fosters Rd) was solidly built up. Parts of what is considered Loveland Park, off of Rt 22 east of the Landen association, is occasionally touted as "Landen" but that's the closest buildable lots that would be available.

Last edited by Ohioan58; 05-16-2009 at 02:13 AM..

Old 05-17-2009, 07:29 AM

Thanks for the intel. I was thinking of driving there and walking one of those paths to see how it all looks but it sounds like I would get busted for trespass.

And too bad that all those trails dont connect to the Little Miami River trail. That would be an obvious connection to make now (LM trail might not have been there when the1970s planning was done).

Old 05-18-2009, 07:14 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot05 View Post
Im not sure what you are talking about
Those paths are lovely, but they don't go anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati