Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:07 AM

106 posts, read 237,607 times

Advertisements

I currently live in ATL but I may have a job offer in Cincy coming soon.

Never thought I would ever live in OH, so any information would be appreciated like cost of living, crime, real estate, schools, etc, etc.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2006, 11:54 AM

976 posts, read 3,864,097 times
Cincinnati is a very nice city. Its a mixture of modern and classical architecture. Im moving down there soon. Im originally from Pittsburgh. Me and my wife took a trip down there about two weeks ago to get an idea of where we would like to live. We were very impressed. Nice towns dot the landscape around the city. I suggest living in the suburbs. Even though downtown Cincy has some nice converted lofts. Were moving to Mason, Ohio. There is a lot of entertainment and the downtown is very nice. The riverfront is awesome, with parks, restuarants, and sport venues.

Cincinnati has a crime problem. Its not horrible. But just like all major cities you are going to have to watch what areas you are in. Coming from Atlanta Cincinnati will seem a lot safier. I was not impressed with Atlanta when i was down there in October. The housing market is great. I heard Atlanta is close to a housing burst. Is this true? Anyway you can find great houses for very low prices. And its not that they are in bad shape. We were looking for a 2,900 sq ft house in Mason and they range from about as low 200k for a brand new one. The school systems are very good. Overall i think you will like Cincinnati. Look into some of the suburbs. There are alot of nice places around the area. Good Luck if you decide to move.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:17 PM

106 posts, read 237,607 times
Thanks for the info. ATL is very crowded these days. Homes are getting more and more expensive of course and I wouldn't mind getting away. Tired of the 1 hour commutes. ATL is ok but is overrated IMO.
I'm originally from Florida but I haven't lived there since '92.

I was told the job is north of downtown Cincy. Where is Mason located? Sounds like a nice area. I'm definitely interested in the burbs.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:48 PM

34 posts, read 150,415 times
Mason is in Warren County, approx 22 miles north/northeast of downtown Cincy.

Old 08-11-2006, 06:53 AM

976 posts, read 3,864,097 times
^Thats one reason we are leaning more towards Mason. Because its not far from downtown where my office will be located, and its the perfect town IMO.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:12 AM

22 posts, read 116,111 times
Cincy is a nice town and like in the posts previous yes it has an inner-city crime problem. There are many suburbs that are beautiful, my favorite is Batavia in claremont co(?). but there are many. We are military and have lived in many places but to me Ohio is the best. Great friendly people, lots of outdoor activities.
My advice to you is stay away from the downtown area and get out into the suburbs. Youll love it! I wish we were going back to ohio. youre so lucky!!
Cougie

Old 09-11-2006, 02:31 PM

64 posts, read 316,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
I currently live in ATL but I may have a job offer in Cincy coming soon.

Never thought I would ever live in OH, so any information would be appreciated like cost of living, crime, real estate, schools, etc, etc.

Thanks!
You should also try looking at Lebanon you could get more house for your money. Great schools, taxes are very low compared to Mason, and we are right off of interstate 71.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 10,016 times
Hey, found this pretty late but we moved from Lebanon (north) of Mason to ATL about a year ago. Warren County is great!! The traffic is nothing like it is in ATL. Schools are good in the suburbs and not over crowded like ATL. I'm growing to like it down here but would move back in a heart beat!!!!

Old 09-28-2006, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 10,015 times
I would NOT move to Cincinnati if you don't have to. I have lived here over a year and luckily I am moving soon. Crime rates are very high, the weather is very undesirable, and the people are very rude. I have lived in TN, TX, KY and loved all of them. Cincinnati is a pit and has nothing to offer. Rethink your thoughts of moving here. I don't know anyone from another state who likes Cincinnati or Ohio for that matter!

Old 09-28-2006, 04:20 PM

480 posts, read 1,919,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run2live View Post
I would NOT move to Cincinnati if you don't have to. I have lived here over a year and luckily I am moving soon. Crime rates are very high, the weather is very undesirable, and the people are very rude. I have lived in TN, TX, KY and loved all of them. Cincinnati is a pit and has nothing to offer. Rethink your thoughts of moving here. I don't know anyone from another state who likes Cincinnati or Ohio for that matter!
Your screenname is suspiciously similar to that of another Ohio-bashing poster.

Anyway, enough about that. I know a lot of people that like Cincy. Come visit and see. Maybe you will like it, maybe you won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati