Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 10:41 PM

2 posts, read 3,247 times

Advertisements

Hello all, My family and myself are moving to Cincinnati on Friday this week from FL. We are moving to Hawthorne Ave which I belive is in East Price Hill. I could be wrong but what I seen on the map looks as that is where it is at. Here is my situation, we had a hard time finding something in our price range and someone willing to work with us as we are going there without employment just on our savings. I have done lots of research and do feel we will be able to find employment right away. Problem was no one really wanted to work with us beacuse of that fact, which I do understand. I did find a wonderful man that is giving us a chance however all I hear is negative stories about the area. It honsetly does not matter what ppl say because we are moving there anyway I would just like to hear some responses from those that LIVE in that AREA. Thanks for any info you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 01:06 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
^ I don't live in that area, but Mt. Adams, Prospect Hill, OTR (specifically Gateway Quarter), Oakley, etc., etc, etc., where once looked down upon and "ghetto" but are all thriving and desirable.

I think it's wise to buy low and sell high. The area isn't the best and has seen better days, but who gives a damn. It's got a strong community. Do your part, invest in your house, neighborhood, and community and you'll reap the rewards later.

Besides, moving to an area that's "already there" is for folks with no ambition.

Good luck and feel free to PM me with questions!

Old 02-23-2010, 04:02 AM

2 posts, read 3,247 times
Thanks for your response . We can not wait to leave FL. Looking foward to a whole new life in Cincinnati. We are not afraid of a little work to make the place better either so I am exiceted about it all. I just wanted to know from ppl that are not so negative like I have seen on these post so I thank you for taking the time to answer me

Old 02-23-2010, 09:30 AM

21 posts, read 61,461 times
Talking Welcome!

I'm not familiar with the area you're moving to, but I just wanted to say WELCOME to Cincinnati. I've lived here my whole life and I LOVE it and hope you will to.

Good luck to you and your fresh start!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:33 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
I am assuming you are moving from sunny Florida to Cinci for a reason. My daughter and son-in-law moved to Florida a little less than 2 years ago. They were very enthused about the move, as they both had secured employment. In less than a year they were both informed their employment was being terminated, and there were no prospects for any. Added to that, they had been unable to sell their home in southern KY due to the market. So they packed up again and returned to KY, also unemployed. Fortunately they have both secured employment and were able to squeak out of the home in Florida on a Short Sale. They both remark we had our day in the sun, and it was not worth it.

It takes guts to relocate without secured employment. I wish you well and welcome to Cincinnati. Sounds like you are the type of people we need more of - the desire and will to succeed.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 AM

19 posts, read 56,191 times
welcome!!!!!! price hill is a place that is way deep in tradition and that really makes up for whatever anyone would say about it. it's such a neat place because it's so close to downtown but you still feel like you're in the suburbs. and you can't beat price hill chili! welcome to the west side!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:42 AM

94 posts, read 240,207 times
I have thought about moving to Price Hill. The houses are amazing. Some areas are better than others. I haven't totally eliminated Price Hill from my "neighborhoods I'd live in." I think Price Hill could be amazing, especially if they get the street car heading up there. That'd be a 10 minute commute from downtown. Speaking of which, welcome to Cincinnati. Downtown isn't as scary as people say. Just stay below 9th street at sundown and you'll be fine.
Some places to try out for dinner/entertainment while you are here:
Arnolds (8th street downtown)
Ambar (Indian Restaurant in Clifton in the "gaslight district". This is on Ludlow)
Price Hill Chili (right there in Price Hill)

This spring, look for the hamilton county parks to give you some great free entertainment. Grab a frisbee and you are set!

Old 03-05-2010, 03:44 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,334,427 times
I considered moving to Price Hill - the area offers some of the best views of downtown available in the so-called "incline district". There are also tons of great old houses. You'll want to stay near the top of the hill; the bottom of the hill (Lower Price Hill) is a bit... erm... pioneering. The area's close to downtown; I hope you take the time to explore the city. I find that many people who live in the outer suburbs never do get to experience Cincinnati.

From one transplant to another, welcome to Cincinnati! (Oh, and don't worry, Florida, springtime will be here soon )

Old 03-05-2010, 09:21 PM

5 posts, read 10,638 times
Hmm, not really sure what part of price hill your moving to but I did a ride along with cinti PD district 3 Price Hill and wow!! I wouldnt want to live anywhere near PH. But from what I hear some areas of PH are nice, Chief of Cinti PD lives there.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,404 times
Default Relocating to Cincy Area too

We too are headed to the area. My husband is accepting a job in Cincy and we are researching the area determining the cost of living in Ohio vs Kentucky? We love living out in the country-we have large dogs--no kids--and own 8 acres now. Would love to have access to a city--but not live in one. Don't need a large house--just some property. Any suggestions??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati