Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:50 AM

41 posts, read 90,091 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to Cincy later this summer, so this is a good thread to see.

On a side note, can anyone recommend any diverse integrated neighborhoods to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 04:06 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,734,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmickey03 View Post

On a side note, can anyone recommend any diverse integrated neighborhoods to live?

West Chester.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:16 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,651,923 times
I moved to the Cincinnati/Dayton area from Philadelphia about three years ago, and I really like the atmosphere of the area. The people are friendly, there is a lot to do, great diversity, and SW Ohio is home to some great university systems. We have some of the best hospitals in the nation at our doorstep, and the economy is diverse and growing.

Cincinnati is truly an underrated city that is transforming by leaps and bounds. The Banks project will be great when finished. I like all the different city neighborhoods, and the different options that they offer. You can't beat the skyline views from Mount Adams (the views from Kentucky are great as well.) Cincinnati is in the top 10 US cities for fortune 500 based economies, so a lot of diverse professionals out and about. The sports in Cincinnati are awesome. From some of the best college facilities that I have seen at the University of Cincinnati, to the great riverfront stadiums of Great American Ballpark and Paul Brown Stadium. This city is rich in sport tradition.

I love Cincinnati, and I travel a lot for my job. This city has to be one of my favorites around the country because of just how nice and unique it is.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:34 PM

2,571 posts, read 2,911,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmickey03 View Post

Suburbs- West Chester, Fairfield, Forest Park, Springdale, Pleasant Run, Finneytown, Blue Ash, Silverton.

City Neighborhoods- Pleasant Ridge, Carthage, Hartwell, Madisonville, College Hill, Northside.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:44 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,734,138 times
^ Oh yes ... I forgot about Blue Ash too ... Extremely diverse and integrated.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:57 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,651,923 times
I like Blue Ash and Springdale.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:49 AM

94 posts, read 240,826 times
I moved to Cincinnati from a rural area up north about ten years ago. At first, it was to move in with my then boyfriend. He lived in Corryville and I HATED it. Such an unfriendly area. The streets are littered, my car was broken into. If you spoke to someone they'd barely reply back and look at you like you were crazy. (I'm very outgoing) Then, I moved out of Cincinnati for about two years. Came back to Cincinnati and moved to Mariemont. Rented there, and later bought a home in Madison Place in Madisonville. Loved it. My neighbors were friendly. In fact I could barely work in my yard without being stopped by my neighbors, who've over the years have given me such good conversation, pies, cakes, and homemade strawberry jam. My neighbors and I have played corn-hole and ping pong together. When I moved just down the street, out of the Madison Place section of Madisonville, I was very sad to leave all of my neighbors who were such a beacon.
I still see them on occasion, but I'm looking forward to meeting my new neighbors down the street.
I've also learned to actually go to events listed in City beat. There are a lot of cool things happening nearly every night. On Wednesdays in the summer, they'll be doing free reggae every week on the square. What a blast! I've made some really great friends in Cincinnati and I'm glad I'm here. Now, if only I could make the winter a little warmer!

Old 04-13-2010, 12:01 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,266,158 times
Great responses so far! I'm enjoying these stories. It's good to know that not every outsider coming in has had a horrible experience in Cincinnati. I'm coming down for a visit in June. Very excited.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:41 PM

42,045 posts, read 75,490,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Actually, this is going to come across as extremely insensitive, but I've heard a lot of the city's younger crowd (22-35) make mention of how much this city is going to take off when the baby boomers die off ... interesting perspective to say the least! lol
They'll miss us when we're gone.

Not to mention the fact that by the time we're dead, they'll be old farts. Ah ... life is cruel.

Last edited by Ohiogirl81; 04-13-2010 at 01:04 PM..

Old 04-14-2010, 09:32 PM

10 posts, read 28,880 times
We relocated here about 8 months ago from Southwestern CT due to my husbands job. We have had a very good experience so far. Our neighbors are really nice and were very welcoming. I met more neighbors just by walking to the kids to the bus stop. We are on a quiet street in Anderson and love the hidden feeling as our property is backed up to green space. This house would have cost us 4x as much in CT. (After living right off a major highway in CT, this is really nice and I love it here.)

The parks are wonderful and my kids enjoy discovering different playgrounds. I love that there are so many things to do with the kids that won't break the bank. I haven't had any real issues with traffic, I'd say it's much better here than in CT. I love the atmosphere, checking out the surrounding areas and the historic sites. Overall the affordability and family atmosphere make for a better life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati