Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,572 times

Advertisements

hey so i lived in cincy for most of my life well all but the first 4 and the last 3. the first four years in kansas... the last 3 so far in spain and i have to admit its hard being away and even harder being away when the reds are 9.5 games back behind the freaking brewers which adds insult to pain cos one of my close friends here is from ????? yep freakin milwaukee any way so i was kinda hoping i could get the skinny on why my boys of summer look like crap off the bottom of a shoe... thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 12:53 AM

146 posts, read 789,449 times
Given how weak the NL Central is overall this year, the Reds would be right in the thick of the race if they had a real bullpen - the current one is pathetic! Hopefully, they'll be able to trade Dunn for some decent relief pitching. If I were the GM, I'd also release Majewski and write him off as a loss, as I doubt any other team would want him. Then, I'd fire myself for making the boneheaded trade that yielded Majewski and Bill "Disabled List" Bray for Austin Kearns and Felipe Lopez! Getting Eddie Guardado back will hopefully strengthen the pen...word is that he may be activated next week when the Reds play in Seattle.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:38 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subway View Post
Then, I'd fire myself for making the boneheaded trade that yielded Majewski and Bill "Disabled List" Bray for Austin Kearns and Felipe Lopez!
LMAO. Yeah, that one mystified me, too; two surefire offensive weapons for one mediocre and one lousy pitcher? Seems even when the pitching is somewhat passable, the offense doesn't do much to back up the pitching.

turtle513, sorry your friend is giving you grief! We've all been there.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
How're you liking them now that Jay Bruce is up?

Old 05-31-2008, 10:05 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
^ I know! They're playing awesome baseball right now and are really fun to watch! They actually have a pretty good team right now and I can see them contending till the end.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:24 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,629 times
Jay Bruce was 2 for 3 with another home run today.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:13 PM

2,545 posts, read 2,866,901 times
Until this team can win on the road they will never be a contender.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:06 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Anyway, when/if Jay Bruce proves that he's a real thing instead of a nine days' wonder, the Reds will trade him for another mediocre pitcher.

I'll be sitting behind third base during Thursday afternoon's game here in Philadelphia.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:51 AM

414 posts, read 1,277,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Until this team can win on the road they will never be a contender.
Sure that is the case for any team. Just give them time, they will figure it out. The true core of their team is still very young. Until 3 weeks ago they couldn't win at home either.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:01 AM

414 posts, read 1,277,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Anyway, when/if Jay Bruce proves that he's a real thing instead of a nine days' wonder, the Reds will trade him for another mediocre pitcher.

I'll be sitting behind third base during Thursday afternoon's game here in Philadelphia.
I'm assuming that you are referring to the before-mentioned Bray/ Majewski trade for Lopez/Kearns? Sure it didn't work out the year it was done, but I think that trade will end up looking rather great for the Reds. Let's face it, neither Kearns nor Lopez would be a starter on this present ball club. There was another player in that trade...his name is Daryl Thompson. He is a young stud pitching in Louisville right now. He will be a very good pitcher for the Reds for years to come. When we finally get rid of Grif, Bruce will move to right, Keppinger will be back and Freel and Harriston will split time in center. Homer Baily is on his way up now to replace Fogg. This team has a chance to be very good, and in time to compete THIS year for the Central!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati