Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 12:51 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,674,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
How is OKC and Columbus 1-A?

And St Louis and Cleveland should be moved down 1
Evidence? I don't have all the criteria, but based on the below these two cities would fare rather well.

Among the criteria for categorization are retail sales, newspaper circulation, and the presence of universities and hospitals and corporate headquarters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 05:54 AM

300 posts, read 524,617 times
I would say this is a pretty bad list.

Cleveland ranked with the Bay Area & DC? I don't think Cleveland is comparable to the #3 and #4 economies in the U.S.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:06 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
Ranally city rating system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

city rating descriptionExamples (* indicates a complete listing)1-

*1 AAAAUnique rating for New York New York City

*1-AAAUnique rating for Chicago and Los AngelesChicago, Los Angeles

*1-AA Major national business centers Atlanta, Boston, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Miami, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. (13 cities)

*1-A Other national business centersBaltimore, Cincinnati, Columbus, Denver, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Milwaukee, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, Portland, San Antonio, San Diego, and Seattle (14 cities)

*2-AA Major regional business centersAlbany, Albuquerque, Allentown, Austin, Baton Rouge, Birmingham, Buffalo, Charlotte, Columbia, Dayton, Des Moines, El Paso, Grand Rapids, Harrisburg, Hartford, Honolulu, Jackson, Jacksonville, Knoxville, Las Vegas, Lexington, Little Rock, Louisville, Madison, Memphis, Nashville, New Haven, Norfolk, Omaha, Orlando, Peoria, Providence, Raleigh, Richmond, Rochester, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Shreveport, Spokane, Springfield, MA, Syracuse, Tampa, Toledo, Tucson, Tulsa, West Palm Beach, Wichita, and Youngstown (48 cities)

*2-BBSecondary major regional business centersAkron, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Worth, Oakland, St. Paul, St. Petersburg, San Jose, Wilmington
How can LA be the Third Ranked City In The World "GDP" behind Tokyo and New York City , yet rank
behind Chicago Ill.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:25 PM

635 posts, read 1,540,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
How can LA be the Third Ranked City In The World "GDP" behind Tokyo and New York City , yet rank
behind Chicago Ill.
The answer lies somewhere in the fact that GDP isn't the only factor used to calculate the position of the respective city.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:58 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,301,517 times
Quote:
behind Chicago Ill.
I dont think it's ranked behind Chicago. It looks like in each category the cities are ranked alphabetically.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:01 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I dont think it's ranked behind Chicago. It looks like in each category the cities are ranked alphabetically.
Yes they are , I didn't even look that far into the rating after I saw the Chicago Los Angeles Ranking.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:04 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,504,039 times
Quote:
behind Chicago Ill.
Not ranked behind. Both equal.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:56 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,863,854 times
I think Seattle and denver should be moved up, Cleveland and st louis moved down

Old 06-23-2012, 02:38 PM

976 posts, read 2,242,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bslette View Post
I think Seattle and denver should be moved up, Cleveland and st louis moved down
why should denver be moved down. st. louis and cleveland have far superior cultural and educational institutions than denver, and population is very close (i believe st. louis metro is still larger).

Old 06-23-2012, 04:37 PM

635 posts, read 1,540,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slengel View Post
why should denver be moved down. st. louis and cleveland have far superior cultural and educational institutions than denver, and population is very close (i believe st. louis metro is still larger).
Would you like to back your statement up with credible evidence? Denver has the University of Denver, Regis, and CU Boulder in it's metro area - all very good schools. Perhaps culturally the other cities have a leg up but I wouldn't say educationally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City