Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hotter City?(Heat,Visual,Things To Do,Up To Date,ETC.)
Orlando 27 39.13%
Phoenix 42 60.87%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 12:57 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,500,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Orlando feels much hotter in the summer. and idk how cold phoenix gets in the winter, but orlando can get pretty cold too. It just doesn't snow when it gets below freezing.

Orlando is also a tourist hot spot because of resorts, spas, golf courses (tiger woods and so many other pro golfers live in Orlando), and natural attractions close by (springs, beaches, wetlands). Plus disney, universal, seaworld, and a number of smaller attractions.
I have lived in the suburban areas of Phoenix since 1996, it has only snowed once in the 14 years I've lived here, and it melted before it hit the ground.

It can get pretty cold in December and January once in a while, sometimes dipping below freezing depending how far away from the city you are. Suburban areas can easily be 10 degrees colder at night than what the official Phoenix temperature is.

Orlando probably has more of those tourist options because Florida is such a big diverse state that attracts so many tourists for its beaches and other fun things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 01:15 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,209,973 times
Our temperature was 97 today. 99 ocala 99 lakeland

Old 06-15-2010, 02:16 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,688,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
I have lived in the suburban areas of Phoenix since 1996, it has only snowed once in the 14 years I've lived here, and it melted before it hit the ground.

It can get pretty cold in December and January once in a while, sometimes dipping below freezing depending how far away from the city you are. Suburban areas can easily be 10 degrees colder at night than what the official Phoenix temperature is.

Orlando probably has more of those tourist options because Florida is such a big diverse state that attracts so many tourists for its beaches and other fun things.
yea, Orlando gets below freezing several times every winter. Most people don't know that.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:25 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,688,532 times
Thanks to the thunderstorms we had this afternoon. Orlando has cooled down to a comfortable 79 degrees right now. Its pretty rare for it to be this cool at 5pm in summer.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:56 AM

1,416 posts, read 3,209,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Lets look at the current heat index, as of today:

Orlando feels like one of the hottest places in the US right now (106 F).. Thats what the humidity does.

These are the current actual temperatures:
Thats only the AM, gosh the ehat index when I awoke was 88 where i live

Old 08-11-2013, 09:39 AM

15 posts, read 61,635 times
I live in orlando and its HOT and HUMID! I've never been to Phoenix so it may hotter there instead here but I think since no humidity there it may feel cooler even though the air temp is like 105°F. I would prefer to be outside when there isn't no humidity so I believe Arizona is not hotter there like it is here in Florida!! I hate the hot and humid tempatures here...

Old 08-11-2013, 01:22 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,557 times
I'm going to assume we're talking about heat indexes in this topic, as it's a given that Phoenix is hotter temperature wise. I think if you're the type of person that sweats easily such as myself, you'll find PHX more bearable. Some people in Florida just don't sweat easily. You'll read their posts, they'll tell you that you're obese if you break a sweat walking to your car. Well I'm not obese. All I can think is that these people have a different body composition, their internal thermostat works differently.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:35 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,694,910 times
Orlando for sure. The humidity is crazy. When I went there, I promised myself I would never complain about heat in Denver ever again.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:17 AM

292 posts, read 725,176 times
What people don't say is that while Phoenix is most certainly hot in the summer, it cools down much sooner than Orlando. When I used to reside in the latter, there were years where it didn't cool down until November. In Phoenix, by October things are relatively comfortable.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:22 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,675,454 times
Phoenix is hotter in terms of temperature, but both places suck in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City