Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 03:09 AM

4 posts, read 12,614 times

Advertisements

Hi all
just wanted to post my thread from a prior email to seee if anyone else had similar issues in either area...

Yo - I live in Cols and have for over 17 yrs - most of my adult life. People are nice here - especially if you like OSU football - another writer was dead on when they said it was like a cult - only its way way better - and addicting too - much more so than crack LOL. Um lets see - but one very very very bad thing thats got us looking elsewhere to move. SOmething is going on in Columbus w/ allergies and toxic air and ground pollution. I know 4 of my friends that have MS and may others with spinal / back issues. It also seems a little odd that a lot of people that move here gain alot of weight. I know for a fact this is the case - I have moved away and then returned back many different times - to Minnesota, back to OH, then to TX, then back, then to Florida, then back - each time I move away my allergies disappear and I lose about 20 lbs - this can not be attributed to climate or diet either(see Minnesota) and my wife and I are extremely healthy with an active lifestyle. So please be warned - There are definently some environmental issues going on here. But being a true buckeye almost makes up for it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 07:05 AM

385 posts, read 890,817 times
I couldn't help but read this and laugh. To say a metropolis is polluted and toxic is a bit of a streach don't you think? Ok maybe a specific neighborhood next to a landfill or power plant, but a whole city.

I've lived in the C-Bus and I'm from here. Both places are very similar is many ways.

The point about weight COULD have some merit, but I think it is more self control than anything. To the marketing world Columbus represents one of the most balanced populations in terms of avg American demographics. Due to this it is the primary test market for most major restaurant chains. The idea is if you can make in C-Bus you can make in America. Because of this there are fast food and causal dining outlets EVERYWHERE there. You can also still get items you can't get elsewhere such as McRibb and McPizza at McDonalds.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:21 AM

1,374 posts, read 3,256,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael douglas View Post
Hi all
just wanted to post my thread from a prior email to seee if anyone else had similar issues in either area...

Yo - I live in Cols and have for over 17 yrs - most of my adult life. People are nice here - especially if you like OSU football - another writer was dead on when they said it was like a cult - only its way way better - and addicting too - much more so than crack LOL. Um lets see - but one very very very bad thing thats got us looking elsewhere to move. SOmething is going on in Columbus w/ allergies and toxic air and ground pollution. I know 4 of my friends that have MS and may others with spinal / back issues. It also seems a little odd that a lot of people that move here gain alot of weight. I know for a fact this is the case - I have moved away and then returned back many different times - to Minnesota, back to OH, then to TX, then back, then to Florida, then back - each time I move away my allergies disappear and I lose about 20 lbs - this can not be attributed to climate or diet either(see Minnesota) and my wife and I are extremely healthy with an active lifestyle. So please be warned - There are definently some environmental issues going on here. But being a true buckeye almost makes up for it
OMG!

Pollution is everywhere we live, even in glittering Charlotte! I'm certain that if there were some major environmental concern in metro Columbus, we would all be aware of it. To say that the "entire city" is polluted with some menacing agent that imperils the health of all citizens, well ... it's a bit of a stretch of the imagination, dont'cha think? LOL

Old 06-29-2010, 04:28 PM

66 posts, read 185,070 times
???

what?
This has to be the dumbest thread I've read in 9 months.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:06 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,308,766 times
How does Charlotte fit in?

Old 06-29-2010, 05:15 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,633,452 times

I really liked you in the movie Traffic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City