Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2007, 02:48 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,714,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I am finding that I really miss northern Mexican and Tex-Mex food, too. I am going through the local restaurants here in Alamogordo, admittedly small in number, since this IS a small town.

I will be coming down to EP for Sam's Club, St. Gen wines...AND some good Mexican food. I do like New Mexican native cuisine, too, but not as well as interior Mexican (and I have lived in Mexico before, so I know what that is) and Tex-Mex.

Thank God that good ingredients are available locally to make my own...
Oh boy, yeah, if I lived in Alamo, I would frequent El Paso quite a bit too...lucky you! There is so much good, cheap Mexican food available in El Paso, you really could stock up quite nicely for a week or two fairly freshly!

What a beautiful drive it is between Alamo and El Paso too...that would make the travels between the two worth it as it is!

Old 10-27-2007, 05:00 PM

639 posts, read 1,043,756 times
Default El Paso vs. Albuquerque

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Has anyone ever flown that trip. Do you ever get to 20,000 ft altitude. Interesting what views you get to see......
It's always fun, the trick is on your way to El Paso via Albuquerque, always get a jump start, get loaded quick, when you change planes in Albuquerque headed for El Paso, those 45 minutes air time is going to feel like flying in paradise and you'll have time for your beer and maybe a chaser by the time you land in the real oasis paradise of El Paso feeling happy and feeling no pain.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:47 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,606,826 times
can someone can this thread

Old 11-09-2007, 02:14 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post
It's always fun, the trick is on your way to El Paso via Albuquerque, always get a jump start, get loaded quick, when you change planes in Albuquerque headed for El Paso, those 45 minutes air time is going to feel like flying in paradise and you'll have time for your beer and maybe a chaser by the time you land in the real oasis paradise of El Paso feeling happy and feeling no pain.
Thanks for that info......

Old 11-09-2007, 04:09 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
Oh boy, yeah, if I lived in Alamo, I would frequent El Paso quite a bit too...lucky you! There is so much good, cheap Mexican food available in El Paso, you really could stock up quite nicely for a week or two fairly freshly!

What a beautiful drive it is between Alamo and El Paso too...that would make the travels between the two worth it as it is!
It really is a pretty drive, isn't it?

It's also a really neat drive to my parents' place in WT, right off of I-10. You get to see several mountain ranges along the way!

Old 11-20-2007, 06:17 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,606,826 times
abq ck this

Old 11-20-2007, 06:59 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,917,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
You might try Amarillo, although it's smaller than Albuquerque and much smaller than El Paso. Amarillo has a rather dry climate, but jobs won't be as plentiful there.
Hmm the way you said that is interesting. You made it sound like El Paso is bigger than Albuquerque. Which is not the case.

Albuquerque Metro: 816,811
El Paso Metro: 736,310

Old 11-20-2007, 07:27 PM

Personally I like both cities, but Albuquerque would be my choice. However, if someone told me I had to move to El Paso, I wouldn't mind all that much.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:01 AM

421 posts, read 2,156,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqsunport View Post
Hmm the way you said that is interesting. You made it sound like El Paso is bigger than Albuquerque. Which is not the case.

Albuquerque Metro: 816,811
El Paso Metro: 736,310
Comparing cities, El Paso is bigger. Comparing metros, we're more than three times bigger. Whether or not you officially include juarez or not is irrelevant to the people who live and work in the paso del norte region.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes View Post
Comparing cities, El Paso is bigger. Comparing metros, we're more than three times bigger. Whether or not you officially include juarez or not is irrelevant to the people who live and work in the paso del norte region.
Well yes it may be true if you include Juarez, but most of the people in Juarez (atleast 95% of them) don't come over to El Paso to add to the economy and buy things. Infact, this works in the reverse. And I'd bet, no more than 10 percent of the Juarez population work in El Paso, so in reality, Juarez really shouldn't be included. Its not in the USA, the majority don't work in El Paso, and most of them hardly ever come over. So if you are going to include Juarez, than it would be the Juarez metro, and not the El Paso metro because Juarez is more than 4 times as big as El Paso, and more people from El Paso cross the border into Mexico than the other way around.
But I'll grant you, population numbers can be misleading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.