Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city would you prefer. (And DON'T get smart about it...)
Austin 28 66.67%
Fort Worth 14 33.33%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 05:56 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Throwing jabs & picking at lil' ole Tyler again I see. Fort Worth is 7 times the size of Tyler, so naturally its not going to be nearly as conservative. As far as medium-large size cities go, Fort Worth is extremely conservative, about like Oklahoma City.

Yes, we're conservative here in Tyler/East Texas & we like it that way. Doesn't mean we don't have the vices of a large city though. Most Meth coming into the D/FW area is from East Texas.
There you go with your exaggeration Metro Matt. Fort Worth mayor is a democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 06:50 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,867,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
does it really matter if fort worth is more left wing vs right wing?

politics has never influenced my choice of city. i'd prefer diversity, culture and even a diversity in religion way over politics.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:30 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
California has a Republican governor so what? NYC's mayor was a Republican too.

I'm just saying title or party affiliation means very little these days.

Fort Worth is a conservative city, in a conservative county, in a conservative state. To argue that fact is foolish.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:00 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Quote:
Throwing jabs & picking at lil' ole Tyler again I see.
Who is throwing jabs? Stating that Tyler is conservative isnt a jab (or a bad thing), its a fact. Fort Worth's size has nothing to do with it. Even among its peers (like say, Waco), Tyler is conservative. Its not a bad place. I never said it was.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:00 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
but what is it about Fort Worth that makes it different than most other cities?

I've heard a lot from many people over the years that Austin isn't even anything like the rest of Texas. I guess it's because of the friendly vibe it generates, it's very laid-back, and as some noted anything goes. Is that something similar to Fort Worth or is there something completely different about it that makes it "refreshing"? And I'm not asking because I don't "get it".... I'm simply asking because I might not be too familiar with it. Maybe sometime soon in a couple of weeks or so I'll take a trip over there and try see it in a different light. Suggestions on places to visit?
Fort Worth's got the same "friendly vibe", mostly. But it seems to be the only Texas city that embraces its heritage and isn't flashy like most other cities. It's almost the polar opposite of Dallas..... almost.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:

Fort Worth is a conservative city, in a conservative county, in a conservative state. To argue that fact is foolish.
Would it really be foolish to argue is Fort Worth is Conservative or not?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:03 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,867,771 times
Quote:

it's true... i agree.

but also if you think about it.... austin IS a liberal city that happens to be the capitol of a conservative state.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:49 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
it's true... i agree.

but also if you think about it.... austin IS a liberal city that happens to be the capitol of a conservative state.
Kinda hard to argue with that. The most liberal guy I know praises Austin for what it is....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City