Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 10:17 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,940,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
I'm would be surprised about Phoenix and Gilbert but after visiting Arizona recently I can see why people would want to live there. Houston on the other hand...

I guess some people get things quicker than others, don't worry, it will come to you eventually
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 11:01 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,482 times
Didn't Atlanta and Dallas gain the most people in there metro areas for the past 10 years ?

Old 09-11-2010, 11:37 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Didn't Atlanta and Dallas gain the most people in there metro areas for the past 10 years ?
Yes, but this is all about city propers.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:34 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,370,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
In the case of South Florida, there are just so many different independent municipalities to have any one of them add 100K+. for Miami to add 73,000 is pretty impressive given that its city limits are only about 35 square miles of land.
Even among the top 13, some of these municipalities are huge in land area while others are part of metros that have a multitude of municipalities sharing the growth.
Miami is so cool

Old 09-12-2010, 02:45 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
nobody says anything to you and you go out of your way to **** on ny.

nobody can even compliment ny before you show up like the batman logo went off in the sky or something.

chill with that. stop trying to find ways to discredit ny. stop throwing rocks at the throne.
Nope, didn't go out of my way to **** on NY.
My first comment in the thread was not about NY.
I used NY as an example which in no way put it in a bad light.

Yep, I can see where you thought I was trying to discredit NY.

Now lets examine your first post in the thread.

Quote:
now ppl on cd can stop talking about all the ppl nyc is losing.
It seems your sole purpose on CD is to make sure no one says anything bad about NYC and even though not one post in the thread had been negative about NY, you felt the need to come in the thread like a dog pissing on a tree.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:11 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Yes, but this is all about city propers.

Opps my bad

Old 09-12-2010, 10:24 AM

749 posts, read 1,862,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
Miami is so cool

No...Miami is HOT!

Old 09-12-2010, 03:54 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Default Keep On Dreaming...Sometimes Dream Really Do Come TRUE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
Los Angeles grew the first 7 years of the year by a lot. The last 3 not as much, but yeah. Next decade it will be the city to watch. In 2006, Los Angeles for the first time in its history saw a population decline, but regained it and topped it in 2007. And thats not a really good sign going into the new decade with that kind of economy.

Your dismay outlook for LA is just wishful thinking..my friend.....
Chicken Little doesn't live in CALIFORNIA.......

Old 09-12-2010, 04:02 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,041,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Your dismay outlook for LA is just wishful thinking..my friend.....
Chicken Little doesn't live in CALIFORNIA.......
Okay first you have the notion that I don't like Los Angeles. I love Los Angeles, it is one of my top 8 favorite cities and I am a very picky person. For me to like a place, it has to meet my needs.
I defend Los Angeles a lot on these boards.

But who am I kidding, I am not going to go out there and lie about something that is obvious.

The facts:
Los Angeles lost population in 2006 from what it had in 2005, that it regained back in 2007.
Los Angeles has a freakin unemployment rate of 12.5% that is the unhealthiest rate for any metro of its size (top 10 largest). Its only behind Detroit, Las Vegas, & Sacramento on that.

Do you honestly believe that the city will keep on growing till the eye can see with such astronomical growth rates for a city of its size? No it wont, and with that kind of economy, you bet there will be a larger net loss than net gain. Births & immigration is keeping Los Angeles in the positives, but what will happen when immigrants start finding alternative locations to head on to where they can find employment faster?

For you to deny these things are simply futile.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:03 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
NYC is the number one city in the country. therefore it "sits on the throne."

*shrugs*

who says differently..?
No city in the Great US Of A will ever match NYC....but Metro
LA will over take it one day....You Caught Me Smiling Again....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City