Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What mid-sized city is better?
Albuquerque 200 71.94%
Oklahoma city 78 28.06%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 09:51 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,060,169 times

Advertisements

I'm from Abq and that bradly dude annoyed me reading through this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 04:07 PM

793 posts, read 1,111,261 times
Here's some photos I took of Oklahoma City:

Last edited by JMT; 07-21-2012 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: max of 6 images per post

Old 07-14-2012, 11:35 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,458,342 times
I personally would take OkC.

OkC is not getting enough credit though, ABQ on the other hand has got an army of posters that make it out to be paradise.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:48 AM

1,134 posts, read 3,189,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coydiddy View Post
Only the far northwest corner and panhandle of Oklahoma are the plains. Not OKC. There are plenty of trees in and around the area. If you wanna see the real plains go to Kansas or above. ABQ is a lot drier and less green than OKC. But still looks like a great outdoors destination. If you like more of a metro/city feel and professional sports OKC is the place for you. It's all relative to personality.
I grew up in stillwater and live in wichita. There are some slight rolling hills around okc but the general topography of central and western okla is flat. I know about mt Scott, the gloss mountains and the arbuckles. But if you have to you kansas as a comparison to boost oklahomas terrain, that kinda says it all. Okla may be hillier than Kansas but anyone from the east coast (minus Florida) or west coast will think okc is flat and pic okc. the poll reflects that.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:07 PM

29 posts, read 60,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
Here's some photos I took of Oklahoma City:

January 2012, winter sunset (a few weeks later, the cranes on Devon Tower would come down).

That sure is an impressive building, however it sticks out like a sore thumb. They should have built two or three 500 ft buildings to make the downtown look larger, instead of a huge tower all by itself.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:45 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lghd View Post
That sure is an impressive building, however it sticks out like a sore thumb. They should have built two or three 500 ft buildings to make the downtown look larger, instead of a huge tower all by itself.
Yeah that one building looks glorious, it's a very impressive looking skyscraper. But yes it makes the rest of the skyline look dank, kind of a mismatch.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:15 PM

141 posts, read 222,685 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Yeah that one building looks glorious, it's a very impressive looking skyscraper. But yes it makes the rest of the skyline look dank, kind of a mismatch.
Yeah, I have to agree with the above posters, it's a very impressive building, but it does look rather awkward next the rest of buildings. It kinda reminds of me of Amarillo's skyline which has a group of smaller buildings surrounding a fairly high tower. Perhaps OKC has bigger plans to "balance" it all out?

Old 07-16-2012, 10:20 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,576,277 times
Quote:
They couldn't do that because it takes a fortune 500 corporation to build a skyscraper , and there wasn't two or three corporation willing to build two or three 500 feet skyscrapers.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:41 PM

252 posts, read 735,677 times
ABQ
I like OKC better than Tulsa
'querque blows away both

Old 07-18-2012, 01:09 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,576,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philobeddoe View Post
ABQ
I like OKC better than Tulsa
'querque blows away both
Two things about ABQ blows OKC and Tulsa away Topography and though brown colored freeways over passes....LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City