Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 01:07 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Life2 View Post
just quit while u ahead man. if ny was so good why u think people from new york movin to DC all the time? u don't see nobody leavin DC to go up there. u street is the new broadway and aint nothing poppin' like adam morgan or 7th street on a friday night. don't get me wrong new york was doing its thing, but it's over for y'all and now dc is the new spot on the east coast where errybody wanna be at
new yorkers moving to dc??? yea must be really be in imaginary land cause i do not know any new yorker who moved to dc. i only know 1 new york family who moved pg county only.

and also quit while your ahead little kid cause DC cant even compare to L.A , MIAMI , CHICAGO. hell dc cant even compare to boston , or san fransisco , and most likely cant compare to philadelphia and you got the nerve to really think DC is more live then the city that never sleeps NYC??

and this is even crazier now everyone wants to be in dc on the eastcoast???? more like everyone doesnt care about dc on the eastcoast.

If dc is really that live then how come it never makes number one on any list that shows cities with livability , parties and fun while nyc always makes number 1 on any list for american cities and even number 1 sometimes on a global scale???

little boy sit your but down and lets the big dogs play. dc is a lame nobody city and will always be.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Life2 View Post
yeah right ppl be comin' to DC for howard's homecoming or they go to howard and end up staying, then tell they friends, and they frends come fown to dc too. does nyc have a black college? no. does nyc has as much balck culture as dc? no. that's a big reason why people leave ny and come to dc
o great now according to you all new yorkers love howard.

last time i checked howard was a school that was filled with HIV something that us new yorkers know about which is why we say ewwww to all your schools.

and new yorkers goign and staying in dc for howard? lmao did you make that one up yourself??

and as for black colleges did u just say new york city doesnt have one?? well your stupid cause new york city does have a black city college called medgar evers college.

BLACK CULTURE? NEW YORK CITY IS THE MOST DIVERSE CITY IN AMERICA AND ONE OF THE MOST DIVERSE CITIES IN THE WORLD SO WE VALUE ALL CULTURES.

AND NO BLACK AREA IN DC HAS NO BLACK CULTURE EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT HARLEM HAS. IN FACT IF YOU ASKED ANYONE THEY PROBABLY COULDN'T EVEN TELL YOU WHAT AREA IN DC IS FAMOUS FOR BLACK CULTURE

THIS KID IS NOTHING BUT A TROLL AND OBVIOUSLY HAS NEVER BEEN TO NYC AND IS JUST ANGRY THAT NYC IS A BETTER CITY AND IS MORE LIVE HAS MORE EVERYTHING AND DC HAS NOTHING.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtomat Kalashnikova View Post
Lola Monroe, I mes with her I think she spit better den Nikki Manaj lol

YUP WOMEN LIKE LOLA SURE DO LIE ESPECIALLY WHEN TALKING ABOUT THEIR FAKE BUTT.

when lola gets a real ass then talk

Old 09-23-2010, 03:56 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
How old is everyone in this thread? Just curious, because it seems like most of you are clueless teens still in Middle or High School...

So many of you have no clue what you're talking about and your priorities are laughable. I'm familiar with the term "Bamma" and I've spent a lot of time in the DC area, it's a word that was started to describe someone country or from the south in a disrespectful manner but now it's expanded a lot, IMO it should just phase out of English language all together.

Why does it matter how other people dress or act? Why does this effect you so much? I can't say I'm surprised as I've seen this going on for a long time, but it concerns me how prevalent this attitude is in the hood where people are on welfare and living paycheck to paycheck yet still have the added worry that they have to get enough money to buy certain clothes so that they're not made fun of.

If something is popular in a certain culture and it gets big around the country obviously people from other places will start to use it, it's called influence. This thread has turned into North vs South, yet if you look back in time whatever style was the most popular at the time was taken in most other areas. For many years people in the south dressed like NY people did in rap videos, then when the west got popular they took on that. You don't believe me even look back at videos of Kriss Kross of all rap groups and how they were from Atlanta but completely switched from an all NY style to an all West Coast style when it got popular. I was a teen in the 90s I remember this all very well, it happened in the midwest also, if not nearly every part of the country and some overseas areas. This word, thread topic, and attitude is a joke.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:50 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
Quote:
still puttin on for my city ya mean

Simp Simp Simple cityyyyy
...does gucci know these dudes exist??

that is one of the fakest and most flimsy chains i've ever seen in my life, son.

**** looks like it would get blown away like a paper airplane with a good wind gust.

lol @ this jamaica av type pendant hanging on for dear life. somebody should go over and blow on the chain. lol @ that piece of 99 cent store aluminum foil hanging around dude's neck.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:16 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:

My mans Southeast slim

Uptown roamers..........Sotuhside ridahs

That Uptown Roamers joint is hot. I've always respected DC, I've been all over that city. One night we got lost in Anacostia around 12:50AM. I love DC. Probably my favorite city up North.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:27 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:

My mans Southeast slim

Uptown roamers..........Sotuhside ridahs

What part of DC is that Brick City Squad at?

Old 09-23-2010, 09:23 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
No wonder I never gave this thread a second glance. Don't have time for these 106 & Park chaps.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
How old is everyone in this thread? Just curious, because it seems like most of you are clueless teens still in Middle or High School...

So many of you have no clue what you're talking about and your priorities are laughable. I'm familiar with the term "Bamma" and I've spent a lot of time in the DC area, it's a word that was started to describe someone country or from the south in a disrespectful manner but now it's expanded a lot, IMO it should just phase out of English language all together.

Why does it matter how other people dress or act? Why does this effect you so much? I can't say I'm surprised as I've seen this going on for a long time, but it concerns me how prevalent this attitude is in the hood where people are on welfare and living paycheck to paycheck yet still have the added worry that they have to get enough money to buy certain clothes so that they're not made fun of.

If something is popular in a certain culture and it gets big around the country obviously people from other places will start to use it, it's called influence. This thread has turned into North vs South, yet if you look back in time whatever style was the most popular at the time was taken in most other areas. For many years people in the south dressed like NY people did in rap videos, then when the west got popular they took on that. You don't believe me even look back at videos of Kriss Kross of all rap groups and how they were from Atlanta but completely switched from an all NY style to an all West Coast style when it got popular. I was a teen in the 90s I remember this all very well, it happened in the midwest also, if not nearly every part of the country and some overseas areas. This word, thread topic, and attitude is a joke.
actually its the dc folks on this thread or the majority of them who are miidle aged teens.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:30 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
that simple city ish is embarrassing for black ppl regardless of the city.
the amount of coonery in that vid...smh. that vid is the epitome of "bamma."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City