Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 11:26 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
that simple city ish is embarrassing for black ppl regardless of the city.
the amount of coonery in that vid...smh. that vid is the epitome of "bamma."
That's why I hate visiting DC. Beautiful city, but every time I'm there; I got to be surrounded by ignorance like the crap in that video.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:31 AM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
new yorkers moving to dc??? yea must be really be in imaginary land cause i do not know any new yorker who moved to dc. i only know 1 new york family who moved pg county only.

and also quit while your ahead little kid cause DC cant even compare to L.A , MIAMI , CHICAGO. hell dc cant even compare to boston , or san fransisco , and most likely cant compare to philadelphia and you got the nerve to really think DC is more live then the city that never sleeps NYC??

and this is even crazier now everyone wants to be in dc on the eastcoast???? more like everyone doesnt care about dc on the eastcoast.

If dc is really that live then how come it never makes number one on any list that shows cities with livability , parties and fun while nyc always makes number 1 on any list for american cities and even number 1 sometimes on a global scale???

little boy sit your but down and lets the big dogs play. dc is a lame nobody city and will always be.
I disagree with that part in bold. Just saying. DC is a cool city. It's not getting good representation right now in this thread.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:33 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
yeah i like the whole dmv area and if i had to live in the south (and stay on the east coast) then i would choose that area in a heartbeat.

the women are dope (lots of east african women in that area that are very exotic and hot). working for the govt would be great...

the public transportation system is great, the suburbs are so clean (IMO)...IMO once you get passed VA, the grass, trees, etc. on the side of the highway start looking dirty.
i was in VA and saw deer eating grass on the side of the highway...not like one or two but many. i don't think i've seen that many ever.

so yeah...i don't actually "hate" dc or anything like that lol. just wanna be clear. nobody should take my posts too seriously.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:37 AM

50 posts, read 74,259 times
first off all, ny niccas be wearin do rags wit yankee caps lol that is gay and second of all what black culture is new york known for besides halrem? everybody know yall got a lot of jamaicans but the harlem movement was back in the 1940s, what is harlem known for now?

and second of all new york is suppose to be hard but its really soft as playdo. i went to yonkers, queens, brooklen, and none of dem were as real as DC. truth told, DC is prolly as real as it gets. only dem west side boys can fugs wit us haha. that's why snoop knocked y'alls buildings down. lol

Old 09-23-2010, 11:47 AM

50 posts, read 74,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
o great now according to you all new yorkers love howard.

last time i checked howard was a school that was filled with HIV something that us new yorkers know about which is why we say ewwww to all your schools.

and new yorkers goign and staying in dc for howard? lmao did you make that one up yourself??

and as for black colleges did u just say new york city doesnt have one?? well your stupid cause new york city does have a black city college called medgar evers college.

BLACK CULTURE? NEW YORK CITY IS THE MOST DIVERSE CITY IN AMERICA AND ONE OF THE MOST DIVERSE CITIES IN THE WORLD SO WE VALUE ALL CULTURES.

AND NO BLACK AREA IN DC HAS NO BLACK CULTURE EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT HARLEM HAS. IN FACT IF YOU ASKED ANYONE THEY PROBABLY COULDN'T EVEN TELL YOU WHAT AREA IN DC IS FAMOUS FOR BLACK CULTURE

THIS KID IS NOTHING BUT A TROLL AND OBVIOUSLY HAS NEVER BEEN TO NYC AND IS JUST ANGRY THAT NYC IS A BETTER CITY AND IS MORE LIVE HAS MORE EVERYTHING AND DC HAS NOTHING.
how my man antoine say "u dumb u are really dumb" nyc has NOTHING on dc in black culture. they call DC "CHOLOCATE CITY" but i bet u didnt even know that! why they call it that? because it is the strongest black city. think about it. marion barry, adrian fenty, all dc mayors been black. new york has no black mayors. so how can yallk say that ny has more black culture than dc? y'all are weak and white people run everything in ny but black people runnin dc

Old 09-23-2010, 11:53 AM
eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Life2 View Post
first off all, ny niccas be wearin do rags wit yankee caps lol that is gay
can i borrow your time machine?

Quote:
and second of all what black culture is new york known for besides halrem? everybody know yall got a lot of jamaicans but the harlem movement was back in the 1940s, what is harlem known for now?
bronx -hip hop
manhattan -harlem ren.
queens -def jam
brooklyn -the roc
staten -wu

all -urban fashion

you cannot tell me that each of the things listed didn't have the world in a frenzy at one time or another in their respective primes.

and what black culture is dc known for?? gogo? and what else? gogo is regional anyway. its definitely been a struggle for it to go worldwide.

Quote:
and second of all new york is suppose to be hard but its really soft as playdo. i went to yonkers, queens, brooklen, and none of dem were as real as DC. truth told, DC is prolly as real as it gets. only dem west side boys can fugs wit us haha. that's why snoop knocked y'alls buildings down. lol
yonkers isn't nyc so...

queens -far rockaway
brooklyn -east ny

say what you said in this thread in EITHER of those areas and record it.

matter of fact, this just in:

Quote:
Nicaraguan diplomat found dead in his Bronx apartment, throat slashed, police say

Read more:
Nicaraguan diplomat found dead in his Bronx apartment, throat slashed, police say
but lets not get into a pissing contest on which city is harder.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:57 AM
eek

Quote:
marion barry, adrian fenty, all dc mayors been black. new york has no black mayors.

...oh ok.

marion barry:

just saying.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:28 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
lol@ DC4life's location. Pretty childish. Are you happy that your city is called the murder capital.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:06 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I disagree with that part in bold. Just saying. DC is a cool city. It's not getting good representation right now in this thread.
dc maybe a cool city but like i said in comparison it comes nothing close to these cities when actual list of any pros of a city come out dc is never near number 1.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:09 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
first off all, ny niccas be wearin do rags wit yankee caps lol that is gay and second of all what black culture is new york known for besides halrem? everybody know yall got a lot of jamaicans but the harlem movement was back in the 1940s, what is harlem known for now?

ny cap sand du rags? im starting to think that al you dc folks probably sit ina circle and talk about us new yorkers.maybe is cause you guys are dreaded out that you find du rags to be gay.but do you even know what a du rag is??? and the reason why people wear it?

nyc doesnt just have a lot of jamaicans you little kid , nyc has plenty of jamaicans, haitians , trinis , guyanese , almost the whole continent of african can be found here , other islands such as barbados , antigua , dominica etc with a large black african america population get it right or dont speak at all..........

WHAT IS HARLEM KNOWN FOR NOW???

ARE YOU KIDDING ME TILL THIS DAY WHITE FOLKS FROM EUROPE COME TO HARLEM JUST TO GO TO THE CHURCHES TO HEAR THE GREAT BLACK GOSPEL

ENOUGH SAID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City