Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pick one
Montgomery County, Maryland 30 47.62%
Montgomery County, Alabama 4 6.35%
Montgomery County, Arkansas 1 1.59%
Montgomery County, Georgia 3 4.76%
Montgomery County, Illinois 3 4.76%
Montgomery County, Indiana 2 3.17%
Montgomery County, Iowa 3 4.76%
Montgomery County, Kansas 2 3.17%
Montgomery County, Kentucky 2 3.17%
Montgomery County, Mississippi 2 3.17%
Montgomery County, Missouri 3 4.76%
Montgomery County, New York 4 6.35%
Montgomery County, North Carolina 1 1.59%
Montgomery County, Ohio 7 11.11%
Montgomery County, Pennsylvania 13 20.63%
Montgomery County, Tennessee 4 6.35%
Montgomery County, Texas 17 26.98%
Montgomery County, Virginia 2 3.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 11:27 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
This thread is not about which is better or perferred, its about which has the most economic clout. The counties in MD and PA are obviously the most economically significant. As far as suburban counties in genral they are among the top ten in the nation.
it is not about economic clouts solely. the op asked which do we think was best and he gave various categories, of which economics was one. don't list all the ways in which those two counties are better for me, in the end it comes to personal choice and if someone believes that Wichita is the best city in the US, then even if 90 percent of us disagree then it is still the chooser's choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 11:32 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
it is not about economic clouts solely. the op asked which do we think was best and he gave various categories, of which economics was one. don't list all the ways in which those two counties are better for me, in the end it comes to personal choice and if someone believes that Wichita is the best city in the US, then even if 90 percent of us disagree then it is still the chooser's choice.

Well then I will be hopeful that someone can provide some criteria to backup their votes until then it seems very suspect...

Old 09-28-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Well then I will be hopeful that someone can provide some criteria to backup their votes until then it seems very suspect...
they chose it because they liked it. just like you did. are your votes superior?

Old 09-28-2010, 11:37 AM

27,555 posts, read 28,641,455 times
Quote:
Of course they are suspect. I'll bet fifty bucks those votes are from fake accounts. lol.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
they chose it because they liked it. just like you did. are your votes superior?

Do you even know which i chose HTown? I laid out why I think the top two are very close. On all criteria and still have yet to see one post that explains why another would surpass either of the two top contenders. I am just waiting on some facts. I am done with this diatribe

Old 09-28-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Of course they are suspect. I'll bet a hundred bucks those votes are from fake accounts. lol.

No dont think fake accounts but the only rationale for Montgomery TX is that it has Piney woods. I don't believe that based on the criteria any of the other Montgomery Counties than the MD and PA would even be close, and with all the votes i am very curious what the rationale is...

Montgomery County MD and PA are truly beasts among counties in the US

Old 09-28-2010, 11:59 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
I prefer not to bicker in these mindless back and forth swings (or to get involved with such) at each other over petty ONLINE polls. So I'm just sticking to pictures since this thread has a lack of, and an abundance of brainless bickering.
I'm also having a very confusing day, classes were canceled on an account of some gun man on campus, S.W.A.T trucks and cops everywhere here in Austin and right now it doesn't seem like anyone is truly allowed to be wondering around the streets while they search for an accomplice to the gun man.

I am voting for the one in Pennsylvania (or at least will attempt to, but I want to see more on the one in MD before officially voting) because if the pictures Rainrock posted are accurate, then I like that one the best. I haven't been to any of the others besides the one in Texas. (I think, I wouldn't know)

Here are some pictures for Montgomery County, Texas, click the "show" button to view them, its no where as traditional as the one that Rainrock provided the pictures too, but its nice (even though I wouldn't live there- Fort Bend is 9000X better):
Spoiler

EDIT: I truly like the tab feature much better, because it places pictures under a tab, so that way when you share pictures, it doesn't hog up the entire page and slow done refresh or page visiting and just take forever to load a page. Tab FTW!

Old 09-28-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Do you even know which i chose HTown? I laid out why I think the top two are very close. On all criteria and still have yet to see one post that explains why another would surpass either of the two top contenders. I am just waiting on some facts. I am done with this diatribe
its obvious which you chose

Old 09-28-2010, 04:01 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,791,845 times
I put in Montgomery County Missouri, just to be a wise ass.

There is no way one can vote on this entire poll objectively unless they've been to all the counties.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I put in Montgomery County Missouri, just to be a wise ass.
ooooooo If Missouri passes PA then kidphilly is gonna be really mad at you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City