Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where should I go?
Seattle 14 40.00%
San Francisco 6 17.14%
New York 15 42.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 07:19 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times

Advertisements

What the...?

San Francisco actually lost a poll? This is absolutely mystifying how thats possible, I've never seen it happen before on City Data. Screenshot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 07:34 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
What the...?

San Francisco actually lost a poll? This is absolutely mystifying how thats possible, I've never seen it happen before on City Data. Screenshot!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to celebrate! Where's the beer?

Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM

32 posts, read 101,788 times
Quote:
What the...?

I've never seen a poll where San Francisco beat NYC. I don't think it has ever happened on the history of city data. Hell, I don't even think I've seen a that NYC lost period.

It's always (1) NYC (2) Chicago/SF/Boston in no order.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:47 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to celebrate! Where's the beer?
What kind and how much of it? Lets get a pack of 24. That's a pretty good amount for Beer Pong & then just casual drinking. Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV808 View Post

I've never seen a poll where San Francisco beat NYC. I don't think it has ever happened on the history of city data. Hell, I don't even think I've seen a that NYC lost period.

It's always (1) NYC (2) Chicago/SF/Boston in no order.
Its not that San Francisco has ever beat New York City on a poll before, but its just that it has NEVER come in last either. At least in any of the threads I've ever seen or created. And Seattle was actually winning until I voted for New York City and it evened out to 6 & 6.

And to the OP: I would recommend New York City, it really has all the amenities you could want but if you want to save money and go to another good alternative then Seattle would be a great choice.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:53 PM

32 posts, read 101,788 times
Quote:
What kind and how much of it? Lets get a pack of 24. That's a pretty good amount for Beer Pong & then just casual drinking. Yeah!

Its not that San Francisco has ever beat New York City on a poll before, but its just that it has NEVER come in last either. At least in any of the threads I've ever seen or created. And Seattle was actually winning until I voted for New York City and it evened out to 6 & 6.

And to the OP: I would recommend New York City, it really has all the amenities you could want but if you want to save money and go to another good alternative then Seattle would be a great choice.
True. I'm surprised Seattle is ahead of SF .

Old 10-11-2010, 09:06 PM

404 posts, read 1,030,922 times
New York is more expensive than both cities. San Francisco is more expensive than Seattle. Seattle is expensive..and would be the best choice.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:29 PM

27,559 posts, read 28,652,113 times
I would choose New York City in a heartbeat. It's my recommendation as well. Think no further about it.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:03 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,358,226 times
Wow. NYC tied with Seattle. With all the NYC boosters on here I expected about a million votes for NYC, especially from those who've never visited.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:50 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,681,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I'd go with NYC. There is so much to do and it would be an excellent experience. I lived in DC and have visited NYC many times and think the transition from your current low-rise living to high-rise NYC would be fun for that two month time period.
this^
If you like cities NY is the one place you should live/stay an extended time in at least once in you're life,just to soak it all in.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:41 AM

27,559 posts, read 28,652,113 times
This is the way it works.. There are just 3 top cities in the world right now: New York, London and Paris. And every other city in the world strives to measure up in some way to these top 3, whether they like to admit it or not. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City