Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is more urban at street level?
Philadelphia 221 41.00%
Chicago 318 59.00%
Voters: 539. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 01:22 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,575,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Life2 View Post
jus look at da videos. philly is way more street than the chi. like i said, chicago is real country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mSY2_aC8WQ
Obviously, you don't know what the word 'country' means. I can tell by the grammer in your post that you are probably a child that's never been out of his own backyard. I've been to most major cities on the east coast, including New York. Not once did I feel as if I stepped out of the country into some fast-paced big city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
i know what im sayin cuz i went to chicago like 4 or 5 times. the people r real country; they talk country, act coutnry, errything about chicago is country. at least on southside where my mom's got some fam but i know they are country for real. almost errybody dere from alabama or missisippi and the street culture is not urban like philidelphia, trust me i know. da brat, twista, crucial conflct dey is all from chicago and they are country
I doubt you've seen more than a fraction of the west and sout sides. Hell, there are people who live here and haven't seen them. Stop with the trollish jokes. You are making a fool out of yourself. And, BTW, I was not impressed with DC.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:28 PM

50 posts, read 74,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Obviously, you don't know what the word 'country' means. I can tell by the grammer in your post that you are probably a child that's never been out of his own backyard. I've been to most major cities on the east coast, including New York. Not once did I feel as if I stepped out of the country into some fast-paced big city.
the southside chi-town ain't country??? u eva see the kanye west video for da wire? man get outta here. u can't tell somebody from the chi from somebody from birminghman, alabamna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBFbVWD9C84

Old 10-22-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
the southside chi-town ain't country??? u eva see the kanye west video for da wire? man get outta here. u can't tell somebody from the chi from somebody from birminghman, alabamna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBFbVWD9C84
There's really no point in communicating with an ignorant, child-like troll. Your delusions are somewhat amusing though. You hear something new everyday.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I doubt you've seen more than a fraction of the west and sout sides. Hell, there are people who live here and haven't seen them. Stop with the trollish jokes. You are making a fool out of yourself. And, BTW, I was not impressed with DC.
i ain't saying sumtin's wrong wit being country cuz i got a lot of family in da country. all i'm sayin is that chicago has a lot of counrty ppl livin in a city. da east coats really don't have no country ppl like that. watch that crucial conflict video or look @ twista and the way he sound and u'll see what i'm talkin about

Old 10-22-2010, 01:32 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,055,953 times
Quote:
i know what im sayin cuz i went to chicago like 4 or 5 times. the people r real country; they talk country, act coutnry, errything about chicago is country. at least on southside where my mom's got some fam but i know they are country for real. almost errybody dere from alabama or missisippi and the street culture is not urban like philidelphia, trust me i know. da brat, twista, crucial conflct dey is all from chicago and they are country
Chicago is country?

This is country:
Moderator cut: image removed

And this is Chicago:

The most country thing you will ever see in Chicago (ever) is this and thats it, nothing else about Chicago is "country":

You sound like a troll to me, and not a very smart one at that. Have a nice day.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
There's really no point in communicating with an ignorant, child-like troll. Your delusions are somewhat amusing though. You hear something new everyday.
i just gave u proof chicago is country at least on the southside and that's all u gonna say back. watch the video youngin. whehter you wanna admit or not, the rap culture reflect the urban culture that the rap was made in. new york is urban so the rap sound urban. chicago is country so the rap sound country. there ain't no other explanaition.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
i ain't saying sumtin's wrong wit being country cuz i got a lot of family in da country. all i'm sayin is that chicago has a lot of counrty ppl livin in a city. da east coats really don't have no country ppl like that. watch that crucial conflict video or look @ twista and the way he sound and u'll see what i'm talkin about

I don't look to rap videos for any sort of knowledge. In fact, I don't look at them at all and never really have.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:36 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,315,521 times
Oh Dear. DC4Life2 just STOP! STOP STOP! damn. This is hilarious!

Old 10-22-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
I don't look to rap videos for any sort of knowledge. In fact, I don't look at them at all and never really have.
da problem is y'all are lookin at some buildings and being like "oh, this city is urban because we got buildings" but even atlanta got buildings right? and y'all still think atlanta's country though. chitown got some nice buildings but once u leave the downtown the city grows country real quick. dudes be soundin' like my cousins in arkansas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City