Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is more urban at street level?
Philadelphia 221 41.00%
Chicago 318 59.00%
Voters: 539. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 01:42 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,556,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4Life2 View Post
the southside chi-town ain't country??? u eva see the kanye west video for da wire? man get outta here. u can't tell somebody from the chi from somebody from birminghman, alabamna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBFbVWD9C84
Crucial Conflict isn't even from the Southside. Have you ever been to Chicago. My guess is no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 01:42 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,575,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Oh Dear. DC4Life2 just STOP! STOP STOP! damn. This is hilarious!

He's straight out of one of DC's ghettos.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
i ain't saying sumtin's wrong wit being country cuz i got a lot of family in da country. all i'm sayin is that chicago has a lot of counrty ppl livin in a city. da east coats really don't have no country ppl like that. watch that crucial conflict video or look @ twista and the way he sound and u'll see what i'm talkin about
HAAAAAAAAAAhahaha. Yes they do. There are people from the country parts of Virginia, the Carolinas, and Georgia living up and down the East Coast major cities especially DC and Baltimore.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:46 PM

50 posts, read 74,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
Chicago is country?

This is country:

And this is Chicago:

The most country thing you will ever see in Chicago (ever) is this and thats it, nothing else about Chicago is "country":

You sound like a troll to me, and not a very smart one at that. Have a nice day.
i ain't hatin, just statin. phillidelphia is on da EAST COAST. for y'all to be like chicago is more urban is rideculous. the whole city is around corn and wheat. if u look at cassidy, eve, beanie siegel, da roots and then look at da brat, twista and all dem dudes it's jive clear as day that philly wins by a landslide.

i offered proof and all people has said is that 'rap videos don;t count, they don't show nothin.' but that aint true becuz rap videos DO show culture and twista, da brat, and crucial conflict r products of the chicago cultrue. jay-z a product of bed-stuy, right? biggie? snoop is west coast dude and he got a laid back flow like dem other west coast dudes. because the chi is kinda country, it make sence that the rap sound country 2

Old 10-22-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
HAAAAAAAAAAhahaha. Yes they do. There are people from the country parts of Virginia, the Carolinas, and Georgia living up and down the East Coast major cities especially DC and Baltimore.
dat's true but we dont have bammas wearin gators with neon red steve harvey suits with six butons. when we used to go to the chi we'd see all the pimps come out with the feathers and da mink coats and all dat mess. youngins wuz sellin bbq ribs and chicken outta vans man that's country. harold's and all dat is country. go back and watch kanye's video for the wire and u'll see.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Crucial Conflict isn't even from the Southside. Have you ever been to Chicago. My guess is no.
DID U EVEN LOOK @ DA VIDEO??? i already said i went to the chi like 4 or five times. so what u denyin that crucial conflict comes from the chi? them dudes be talkin and dressin like bone thugs n harmony.,

Old 10-22-2010, 01:54 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,315,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
He's straight out of one of DC's ghettos.
HA! for real. His posts are kinda funny tho.

Other than the accent (which is watered down) there is nothing coutry or southern about Chicago except maybe the older folks. Trust me i live in North Carolina right now. Different demeanor, way of life and everything.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
dat's true but we dont have bammas wearin gators with neon red steve harvey suits with six butons. when we used to go to the chi we'd see all the pimps come out with the feathers and da mink coats and all dat mess. youngins wuz sellin bbq ribs and chicken outta vans man that's country. harold's and all dat is country. go back and watch kanye's video for the wire and u'll see.
This is coming from a person that lives in a city that have people sell watermelon from crates out the back of pickup trucks. I, and anybody that's currently living in the Chicago area, doesn't need to watch Kanye's videos to determine if the place is country or not. I've been to the country. I've stayed with relatives in the country in Florida, Arkansas, and Texas. Chicago is not anywhere near close to being the country and to say otherwise is laughable.

You want to talk about fashion. We can have a field day with DC and Bmore people when it comes to that.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:57 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,268,811 times
Quote:
da problem is y'all are lookin at some buildings and being like "oh, this city is urban because we got buildings" but even atlanta got buildings right? and y'all still think atlanta's country though. chitown got some nice buildings but once u leave the downtown the city grows country real quick. dudes be soundin' like my cousins in arkansas.
You really give us East Coast people a bad name. I agree that Chicago has a country feel to it, like all Midwest cities, but you are just stupid about it.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
This is coming from a person that lives in a city that have people sell watermelon from crates out the back of pickup trucks. I, and anybody that's currently living in the Chicago area, doesn't need to watch Kanye's videos to determine if the place is country or not. I've been to the country. I've stayed with relatives in the country in Florida, Arkansas, and Texas. Chicago is not anywhere near close to being the country and to say otherwise is laughable.

You want to talk about fashion. We can have a field day with DC and Bmore people when it comes to that.
but u don't think crucial conflict represents the chi? u think u'd ever have some dudes lookin like that from boston, harlem, brooklyn, bronx or philly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City