Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 11:04 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
you do know that the Houston metro and the College Station/Bryan metro are side by side right? The counties are right there close to each other. If there was more development and more interaction in that area, then A&M would be in the Houston metro in addition to Prairie view

BCS is basically in our back door
You do know there are miles and miles of prairie land between the two. Lets not go overboard. Maybe in 40-50 years but at this point in time it isn't apart of Houston metro. BCS residents don't have the most favorable view of Houston they think its a cease pool. Shocked the hell out of me considering the close proximity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I think the BCS area is definitely more tied to the Houston area than Dallas.

You putting words in my mouth I never made that claim.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:07 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
You do know there are miles and miles of prairie land between the two. Lets not go overboard. Maybe in 40-50 years but at this point in time it isn't apart of Houston metro. BCS residents don't have the most favorable view of Houston they think its a cease pool. Shocked the hell out of me considering the close proximity.
I saw it being completely different. BCS residents travel into Houston from time to time (sports, shopping, etc.). If there was a dislike for Houston, it's because it is too big and there is too much traffic, and they like the smaller feel of BCS. And no, it isn't apart of the Houston metro (no one said that), but it IS apart of the Houston market area. There is a reason why you can still buy the Houston Chronicle outside of the grocery store. You don't get the Dallas Morning News or Star-Telegram.

Quote:
You putting words in my mouth I never made that claim.
Well, you did say that the school was split between Houston and DFW. I'll bet anything that the majority of the students are from the Houston area. Just like the majority of Tech students are from the DFW area.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:09 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
did you even read what I said. I never said it was part of the same metro. you need to not go overboard and read what I said more slowly.

and you cannot judge by a few students. there are thousands who also think that Dallas is a cesspool. Dallas people would stop at nothing to put down Houston because Houston is bigger and better

btw, only grimes county separates CS from Houston metro:

it is a loooooong way to the DFW area

Old 10-21-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Well, I guess that's you. I saw it being completely different. BCS residents travel into Houston from time to time (sports, shopping, etc.). And no, it isn't apart of the Houston metro (no one said that), but it IS apart of the Houston market area. There is a reason why you can still buy the Houston Chronicle outside of the grocery store. You don't get the Dallas Morning News or Star-Telegram.
It definitely has close ties to Houston metro and yes the Houston Chronicle has harassed me on numerous occasions to subscribe to their paper.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
It definitely has close ties to Houston metro and yes the Houston Chronicle has harassed me on numerous occasions to subscribe to their paper.
you should do it, a little knowledge would not hurt

Old 10-21-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
did you even read what I said. I never said it was part of the same metro. you need to not go overboard and read what I said more slowly.

and you cannot judge by a few students. there are thousands who also think that Dallas is a cesspool. Dallas people would stop at nothing to put down Houston because Houston is bigger and better

btw, only grimes county separates CS from Houston metro:

it is a loooooong way to the DFW area
I am sure they are...Houstonians know there city is ugly that's why it is so unique. I remember my first trip to Houston back in the day boy was I amazed.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
you should do it, a little knowledge would not hurt

God forbid I have to settle for the Chronicle...I have a hard enough with the DMS

Old 10-21-2010, 11:32 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,770,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Highly doubt it's a SeaWorld. It's most likely the expansion of the "Grand Texas" amusement park in Tomball. On the site, they updated the front page saying "big changes are coming to Grand Texas", and then the San Antonio Business Journal article came out saying that there is a second theme park planned for Houston (after EarthQuest).
I went to the Grand Texas website, and it doesn't seem like a "major" amusement park like anticipated. I know it can't be a Six Flags. Maybe it's the Disneland that's supposed to be built in Katy! LOL!

Old 10-21-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I am sure they are...Houstonians know there city is ugly that's why it is so unique. I remember my first trip to Houston back in the day boy was I amazed.
yeah, DFW knows theres are even worse, that is why they are always trying to put others down.

You cannot compare the lush green south texas area to the dry scenery lacking north texas area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City