Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 05:26 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
First could you fix you're quoting - it looks like I'm talking to myself...

2nd - Why as a black person should I only want to create an establishment for "Just Blacks" to patron....I want to be shared by all races...

WHAT IS THE SENSE OF SEGRAGATION You have thinking that all blacks only want to be in accompany of other blacks....How narrow minded are you!!! In this business climate no one can survive on catering to only their own races or ethnicities....Wake up it's 2010...you need to before all......We're talking about culture today...Not the 1950's, 60's, 70's but TODAY!!!

Ok, like I said before you are either a recent transplant or someone who has lived in a secluded area outside of pittsburgh away from ordinary blacks. If you knew the history (and present day) of Pittsburgh b/c apparently you did not know that part of the hill district which was the most vibrant part of the black community was destroyed so that the Civic Area could be built and thus cutting blacks off from going into the downtown area (where they were not welcomed anyway). What does this have to do with anything? Well since this all happened in my lifetime how many of those very same racist attitudes still exist there?

Do we need to go into the disparities of income, education, jobs, unemeployment, health or just the general quality of life for the blacks in pittsburgh for you to overstand and quit defending such a racist city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I'd choose Pittsburgh. Living there, you will be in the great state of Pennsylvania. PA has some of the finest, most down-to-earth, and genuine people that I have ever met. Such people come in all races too, so you will not be confined to just black people. You're also likely to meet the woman you may marry at this age, and Pennsylvania is hard to beat. This is where I met my wife and I've been married nearly 22 years. Incredibly beautiful women, who are understated in their beauty. Equally beautiful on the inside too and of the eastern variety. Character, integrity, devotion, and depth. I think Pittsburgh is a great city for a black person who doesn't need a large black population to be happy or to define their self-worth.

IMO, if you want to confine your existence to the black community, move to Bham. If you want to expand your horizons, move to Pittsburgh.

Oh, I just want to add that b/c you are a transplant you will never overstand what the native blacks are going through. People from other places for some reason will get hired before the black natives except for menial positions.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:36 PM

442 posts, read 828,034 times
Quote:
1 - But anyone living in 2010 knows it is - You Fail 1

2 - NYC has 8 million people too there will always be a market for Broadcast - YOU FAIL 2

Look at more tech progressive cities and see how much longer Broadcast Radio has to live....Like the Newspaper, Like the Music Industry and CD's, its a dying industry....You're just showing how far behind in times people in Bham and the South really are....Internet is the way of life now for all things MEDIA...
1. YOU provided the source! am I dealing with an adult?
2. What about the hundreds of other cities across the country that have urban station?

Old 10-31-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Look at Wiz...This is Pittsburgh thru and thru..Look at a rapper who shows how blacks and whites come together to Rep their city......Is it this way in Birmingham??? or in the South for that matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw&ob=av2e
You cannot used Cam, to show unity of pgh since he has only been there for 10 years, you would be better off talking to his mother and she would tell you the same thing that I'm telling you......Pittsburgh is not all that!
(not for blacks anyway)

Old 10-31-2010, 05:41 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,893,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Ok, like I said before you are either a recent transplant or someone who has lived in a secluded area outside of pittsburgh away from ordinary blacks. If you knew the history (and present day) of Pittsburgh b/c apparently you did not know that part of the hill district which was the most vibrant part of the black community was destroyed so that the Civic Area could be built and thus cutting blacks off from going into the downtown area (where they were not welcomed anyway). What does this have to do with anything? Well since this all happened in my lifetime how many of those very same racist attitudes still exist there?

Do we need to go into the disparities of income, education, jobs, unemeployment, health or just the general quality of life for the blacks in pittsburgh for you to overstand and quit defending such a racist city?
1 - I am Black

2 - I am from Pittsburgh - East Liberty to be exact

No more racist than the Deep South Honey! And speaking of racist....you seem to be doing pretty good for yourself....since according to you...All Blacks want to seclude themselves amongst other black....That's racist too...

Sorry I am I suppose to be cheated by society or something? am I suppose to feel oppressed and feel that every white person is racist and holds me back? I'm an Educated Black Woman and a graduate of Finance from Point Park College with a successful career in NYC...so tell me how has Pittsburgh cheated me? some of my best friends in college are White, Asian, and Cuban and we all went to Point Park....

Sorry that I dont look at every thing as black and white as you do

Old 10-31-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8t View Post
lol, I saw maybe one or two white people in that video and why did he have a nice new car but living at home with his mama? Come on now.
He tours alot and is very close to his family

Old 10-31-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Oh, I just want to add that b/c you are a transplant you will never overstand what the native blacks are going through. People from other places for some reason will get hired before the black natives except for menial positions.
WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!!!

Ok - I can no longer debate this with you, obviously you're on some whole other level with deep seated hated for Pittsburgh has thrown you off the cliff.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
You cannot used Cam, to show unity of pgh since he has only been there for 10 years, you would be better off talking to his mother and she would tell you the same thing that I'm telling you......Pittsburgh is not all that!
(not for blacks anyway)
What are you talking about Pittsburgh is WIZ hometown he's from Hazlewood....If its not all that then why Rep in EVERY VIDEO...obviously he's proud of his hometown....I guess Pittsburgh doesnt scorn everyone the way it has you....and by the way are you here just to Bash the Burgh...or do you know anything remotely relevant about Birmingham and the South????

Old 10-31-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8t View Post
1. YOU provided the source! am I dealing with an adult?
2. What about the hundreds of other cities across the country that have urban station?
And ask how many of the same uban stations are struggling to stay on the air the way wamo did...Trust me one by one they will begin to fall...

Old 10-31-2010, 05:53 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
All Blacks want to seclude themselves amongst other black....That's racist too...
Absolutely not. I really wish people of all races would stop throwing the word "racist" around so much. Just because a Black person would prefer to live in a predominantly Black neighborhood does not mean that he/she doesn't like White people or he/she believes that Blacks are superior to Whites simply due to skin color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City