Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: where to live?
Brooklyn 24 50.00%
L.A 24 50.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:16 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,518,600 times

Advertisements

Brooklyn cause it was already home, love you Brooklyn! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
wow were comparing a NY neighborhood to the whole LA metro L.M.A.O
Brooklyn can more than hold it's own against LA proper, not the whole metro though obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 10:25 PM

301 posts, read 639,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
LA. Bigger, It is it's own city, so it has it's own teams. It has a better setting. Better amenities. Culture is subjective. I guess BK MIGHT have a better quality of life. Dining I guess would go to LA also.
you said you have not been to L.A? how are you qualified to speak of dining, amenities?
B.K density 36K
L.A density 8K
Brooklyn is the real city [by city standards] and not suburb

Old 10-28-2010, 10:40 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Blasphamany View Post
you said you have not been to L.A? how are you qualified to speak of dining, amenities?
B.K density 36K
L.A density 8K
Brooklyn is the real city [by city standards] and not suburb
Common sense. You don't need to go to a place to know what it offers. LA is it's own city, and the 2nd largest city in the US at that. It's common sense that it's gonna have more amenities.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:45 PM

301 posts, read 639,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Common sense. You don't need to go to a place to know what it offers. LA is it's own city, and the 2nd largest city in the US at that. It's common sense that it's gonna have more amenities.
....you really need to spend the weekend with me in B.K polo89, your overdue for a NY visit

Old 10-28-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
....you really need to spend the weekend with me in B.K polo89, your overdue for a NY visit
I would honestly love to go to NY. I'm no hater. I have a cousin in Brooklyn. I was supposed to go last summer and this summer. But you know how life is. I would also love to go to LA and California in general.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:59 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,956,241 times
LA is too much for Brooklyn

Old 10-28-2010, 11:01 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,380,504 times
Since I grew up in LA, I obviously voted for this place. Especially on days like today I do think that LA is more of an acquired taste than a place you can like "right away." Honestly, it took me living away from here for 5/21 years of my life to say that I begun to love this place. It grew on me, and no matter where I am, I deeply identify with LA.

However, when I lived in NYC, I did go to Brooklyn Tech (really difficult time in my life for personal reasons) for my freshman year of HS and I have to say that Downtown Brooklyn is pretty awesome. Extremely walkable place, especially from where my school was located.

I'd argue that after Manhattan, Brooklyn is probably the next famous place in NYC. If it were a stand-alone city, it would be a pretty awesome city in its own right.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
LA is too much for Brooklyn
um no it isnt lol. Brooklyn has over 2 million people and by itself its already one of Americas most largest cities. L.a having just over 4 million people isnt far of to not be compared.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I know you dont hate NY, I figured out why you like L.A so much because of beach culture? I can respect your likes and wont bother you about it. but you still need to make it out to NY soon
BINGO!! It's the Floridian and Texan in me. It's the ideal that there is a place that offers everything Florida and or Texas has, AND MORE. And that's where CA comes in. I've been to NY when I was a small child. So I barley remember.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:07 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,956,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
um no it isnt lol. Brooklyn has over 2 million people and by itself its already one of Americas most largest cities. L.a having just over 4 million people isnt far of to not be compared.
then the same case can be made when comparing the entire city of NY to LA. After all, nobody on C-D seems LA is a worthy opponent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City