Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Miami or Atlanta?
Miami 52 43.70%
Atlanta 59 49.58%
tie 8 6.72%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:14 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travel guy View Post
You were proved wrong. Miami #33, Atlanta #40

Global Cities 2010: The Rankings | Foreign Policy
Ok, Miami is more well-known internationally. I guess it's a more international city, but not more importaint. Miami's ranking is partly based on it's popularity. ATL may be more important to this nation economically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 07:16 PM

175 posts, read 227,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Ok, Miami is more well-known internationally. I guess it's a more international city, but not more importaint. Miami's ranking is partly based on it's popularity. ATL may be more important to this nation economically.
The link just PROVED miami is more important.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Well that was my question.Importance to whom?And on what level?You?Well thats subjective and I cannot argue wth that.But if you are telling me because people in the South wear "boat shoes" and have "Bamma hair cuts" then Id say you are not worthy of adult conversation.
I dont give my OPINIONS on the importance of cities. Miami ranks higher than Atlanta in importance by GAWC and Global Cities Index. Got a problem with the rankings then talk to them about it.

My opinion or anyone elses opinion for importance doesnt matter because I can post facts to prove ppl wrong, which I just did. Miami is more important than Atlanta, sorry but it is.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:21 PM

803 posts, read 1,264,350 times
Default Since there seem to be some people from Miami on here

How racist is the Hispanic population there? I hear Miami has a lot of racist White Hispanics that look down on non-Whites.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:28 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,642,678 times
Quote:
The nightlife in Atlanta felt like a larger version of Birmingham and was point blank southern. I saw tons of boat shoes, khacki pants, shirts tucked in, golf shirts, guys with bama bangs, etc.
Honest question, where in Atlanta did you go to? Ding, ding...Of course, there aren't that many Black, Latino, and Asian dudes running around looking like Justin Bieber.

Quote:
My point is the only people who build up the nightlife in Atanta are people from rural ga, NC, SC, AL and north FL. The people from these areas BRAG about the nightlife in Atlanta. Then when someone from NYC, Philly, LA, Boston, Chicago, SF, Miami, etc says they were not impressed Atlantans throw a fit.

I dont like the nighlife in Atlanta, it's my opinion and you are not going to change my opinion. Let's move on!
I don't know what your interest in music is but I've actually heard that out of towners enjoy their time in ATL especially the nightlife. I have a feeling that you're probably into techno or something like that but ATL usually does what it does nicely (man, that's vague).

Quote:
My point: You will never see anyone in DC, Baltimore, Philly, NYC, Boston, Chicago, LA, SF or Vegas wear those shoes. You only see that style of shoe in the south.

If you think they are nice then wear them.
Different communities I guess.

Quote:
Ohhh, the Bama Bangs. That's what you meant. That style is spreading ALL OVER the South. I 1st saw that style on that reality High School Football show on MTV about that highschool football team in Alabama. EVERY white guy on that team had the Bama Bangs. Bama Bangs become REALLY, REALLY, popular in Welthy Southern White College Fraternities, especially in, none other then Alabama(schools like Auburn, Bama, etc). But they've become popular from Alabama all the way up the piedmont to over here in North Carolina. They all have the same haircut in those Frats.
This should be the ending of this argument here: the bieber hairstyle's popular and unpopular with who? ATL's a majority what city (currently)? Therefore, it's not popular here. (not talking to you but just adding to you points)

Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
You were proved wrong. Miami #33, Atlanta #40

Global Cities 2010: The Rankings | Foreign Policy
2010 Quality Of Life Major Markets - Interactive Features - Portfolio.com

Do you know how many surveys that have Atlanta ranked higher and Miami barely on the list?

Old 02-01-2011, 07:40 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
I dont give my OPINIONS on the importance of cities. Miami ranks higher than Atlanta in importance by GAWC and Global Cities Index. Got a problem with the rankings then talk to them about it.

My opinion or anyone elses opinion for importance doesnt matter because I can post facts to prove ppl wrong, which I just did. Miami is more important than Atlanta, sorry but it is.
What are you talking about?Miami is NOT ranked higher than Atlanta on GaWc list.No I got a problem with your selective deductions.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:45 PM

My bad. You are right about the GAWC, but my list is from 2010. Your is from 2008. Yours is two years more outdated.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:47 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
^^If anything, I think Beiber copied that style. I remember 1st watching that High School Football show back in 06-07.

Two-A-Days: Full Episode (Ep. 2) | MTV

Old 02-01-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
^^If anything, I think Beiber copied that style. I remember 1st watching that High School Football show back in 06-07.

Two-A-Days: Full Episode (Ep. 2) | MTV

This is when I saw that hideous haircut too. The first time was on two a days.

And no, justin bieber does not have bama bangs. He has a skater look. Two different haricuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City