Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Miami or Atlanta?
Miami 52 43.70%
Atlanta 59 49.58%
tie 8 6.72%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:14 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,913,735 times

Advertisements

^^^^ MODERATORS: It is time to call a halt to this nonstop barrage of anti-Atlanta diatribes that certain posters are using to hijack otherwise legitimate discussion threads and fan the flames of emotion for their personal entertainment. It is one thing to express an opinion but quite another to keep repeating the same outrageous falsehoods over and over, and then mock any attempt by others to set the record straight.

This thread provides plenty of examples where reasonable attempts to rebuff, clarify or expound on misinformation are met with even more childish exchanges. It's not only exasperating and annoying to those of us who enjoy the respectable, intelligent and constructive dialogue C-D provides, it totally defeats the purpose of these boards in the first place. Lately, some of these forum topics been been reduced to the cyber equivilent of a schoolyard brawl. "You're an idiot, no YOU'RE an idiot!"

For the sake of all C-D discussion threads, can you do something to help us tone down the juvenile rhetoric and restore civility to the exchange of information? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 01:20 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
By the way Miami is diverse but people so easily forget how much tension in the past and even today there has been between the Cubans,Hatians,Jamaicans etc...Whats the use in diversity if people cannot get along?

People think Miami is paradise.Miami has had so many random riots over the years.The police will not even go in some neighborhoods in Miami.They get chased off.This has NEVER happened in Atlanta.Miami has some really bad neighborhoods just like Atlanta...but WORSE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI9Fucd_Bf0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW8Ybu-2-IM

//www.city-data.com/forum/miami...-included.html

Old 01-31-2011, 01:22 AM

2 posts, read 2,918 times
Miami is also a **** poor city. It's basically the third world. What economy does Miami have? If you like beaches why not just move to the Caribbean? Both poor and cater to retirees/third world money and the destitute.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:23 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Bruh, I feel bad cause some of you arent bad people at all. I think Atlanta is a decent city with decent collection of amenities to offer but I think Miami is more of what I would like in life right now. No winter, no work, just laid back and stress free beach life in the future.

Some place like Miami is where I want to end up when I am done enjoying the city I live in. Nothing against Atlanta but coming from a bigger city, I have no reason to move to another city. I want to move to a laid back summer themed place, which is Miami, not right now but in like 20 years from now
Now that I understand.Every place aint for everybody but some of your remarks are just not accurate at all.Maybe in 1980 those things were true.Id give you even in the early 1990's,but TODAY?Most American cities are not too far from what the other offers in terms of amenities(except geographical in nature)

Old 01-31-2011, 01:31 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Yeah Miami-Fort Lauderdale has one of the world economical performances I have ever seen before in my life. And that's a shame, because the city is situated in one of the greatest spots any city in the United States of America can be.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:05 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Whoever left me this rep message:
Quote:
i think you mean WORST economic performances ...
Yeah it was a typo, that's what I initially meant haha.

Miami-Fort Lauderdale has absolutely the worst economy I have ever seen in a major city, the city could do so much more and take the opportunity and fixate the trade corridors with Brazil and the rest of Latin America but it hasn't accessed its potential yet.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:34 PM

23,459 posts, read 44,061,014 times
I've had the misfortune of living in the Miami area, and the good fortune of living in the Atlanta area.
There is no comparison. The QOL in Atlanta runs rings around that of Miami.
I'd say that a great many of you need to grasp the difference between 'visit' and 'reside'.
They do not equate.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:29 PM

864 posts, read 1,123,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I've had the misfortune of living in the Miami area, and the good fortune of living in the Atlanta area.
There is no comparison. The QOL in Atlanta runs rings around that of Miami.
I'd say that a great many of you need to grasp the difference between 'visit' and 'reside'.
They do not equate.
I completely agree. Miami is a great place to visit and play, but living there is not better then living in Atlanta. That is why my a lot of my mom's side of the family left the area. It is not a good place to settle down or build a career in most cases like Atlant is unless you make lots of money to live in the wealthy areas.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:40 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
By the way Miami is diverse but people so easily forget how much tension in the past and even today there has been between the Cubans,Hatians,Jamaicans etc...Whats the use in diversity if people cannot get along?

People think Miami is paradise.Miami has had so many random riots over the years.The police will not even go in some neighborhoods in Miami.They get chased off.This has NEVER happened in Atlanta.Miami has some really bad neighborhoods just like Atlanta...but WORSE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI9Fucd_Bf0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW8Ybu-2-IM

//www.city-data.com/forum/miami...-included.html
Only people who have never been to Miami believe it's a paradise.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:57 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,913,735 times
Thanks moderators!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City