Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,892,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentro View Post
I'm going to go with New York, honestly I just saw Seattle for the first time a few weeks ago and it was sort of like a cowtown in a rainforest type of place. No thanks and I don't much care for the hiking and crap either, I'm not a hippie.

I'll take the big city of New York.

ehh to be fair all people are a little different Seattle offers a different expereince It aint NY but has different things. When young why not try people are portable young and can always move back etc.

That said I kinda understand your feel on the vibe

I love SF (LA, SD) and am not a big fan of Seattle, just a weird vibe I get but many people absolutely love it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 07:18 PM

63 posts, read 95,573 times
Default Hippies?

Quote:
I'm going to go with New York, honestly I just saw Seattle for the first time a few weeks ago and it was sort of like a cowtown in a rainforest type of place. No thanks and I don't much care for the hiking and crap either, I'm not a hippie.

I like camping and hiking and climbing and biking and scuba diving...and I'm not a hippie.

Rossiapacifica

Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,290 times
Quote:

LOL yeah a cow town without any cow's huh. We do love are tree's and Washinton does have a rain forest.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:51 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,955,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
LOL yeah a cow town without any cow's huh. We do love are tree's and Washinton does have a rain forest.
Relax dude, it's a figure of speech not a literal analogy. I call everywhere not New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Toronto a cowtown, it's fun. Try it sometime.

Seattle is a fine town I suppose. Very lush and green so that's always a plus with me. Culturally, yeahhh definitely not for me. Location, yeahhh no way, I wouldn't mind location as much if it was Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, Los Angeles located up there but Seattle isn't those places.

Right now, probably not worth spending money and flying 7 hours there and 7 hours back to see it because I was expecting great things and all I saw were average joe things + phenomenal natural scenery, unfortunately for you I just like to look and not climb, hike, bike, trail, explore that stuff so it did next to nothing for me.

I'll just stick to Google images for the scenery, since I don't care about going on them, touching them, driving to them, camping on them in the first place. All they are there for is backdrop for me, backdrop like 1,000 hot chicks at a beach, doesn't mean I would want anything to do with them but them being there is a plus and in that instance I would prioritize more of the quality of the beach, water, amenities, sporting events, musical events, food carts abound there (my analogy to comparing the quality of a city).

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 02-26-2013 at 11:28 PM..

Old 02-26-2013, 11:28 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,290 times
Quote:
Relax big guy, it's a figure of speech not a literal analogy. I call everywhere not New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Toronto a cowtown, it's fun. Try it sometime.

Seattle is a fine town I suppose. Very lush and green so that's always a plus with me. Culturally, yeahhh definitely not for me. Location, yeahhh no way, I wouldn't mind location as much if it was Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, Los Angeles or where ever else located up there but Seattle isn't those places.

Right now, probably not worth spending money and flying 7 hours there and 7 hours back to see it because I was expecting great things and all I saw were average joe things + phenomenal natural scenery, unfortunately for you I just like to look and not climb, hike, bike, trail, explore that stuff so it did next to nothing for me.

Honestly, that weekend and months of planning was a waste of time. I should have just canceled and stayed home, ordered (better) food, played 2K13 with some friends, gone out to Georgetown, Fredericksburg, Annapolis, played some basketball, driven on skyline, gone to the Smithsonian again or just drive for a few hours and go to New York instead.

Next time I want to see a scenic and beautiful place, I'll just go to Split, Croatia instead because it has Croatian culture and history and food. I'll just stick to Google images for the scenery, thank you.
Kool your opinion but you realize this thread is not about you it was started by somebody else ? And Seattle is only a 2 hr drive to Vancouver or Portland. 2Hr flight to San Fransico. Where did you stay in Seattle . Did you really stay in Seattle or you giving use a line of bull. Didn't say anything about the worlds top museums in Seattle . Did you leave your hotel room . Does the average Joe city have the worlds largest car museum, or one of the worlds largest air and space museums and yeah Seattle has a Space Shuttle Trainer and people can walk inside and see it. Give us some details of your visit thank you.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Kool your opinion but you realize this thread is not about you it was started by somebody else ?
Then why did you quote me and make it about what I think and all about me?
Quote:
Where did you stay in Seattle .
2100 Alaskan Way.

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 02-27-2013 at 12:22 AM..

Old 02-27-2013, 12:40 AM

214 posts, read 410,100 times
Interesting, I just left a few weeks ago as well and loved it. It's now in my top 5 cities.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Milehigh View Post
Interesting, I just left a few weeks ago as well and loved it. It's now in my top 5 cities.
Depends what you like, I'm a megacity person.

I went to Far4, Harris Lisa, Art Not, and a few others as well as some bars and caught some Thai food (which sort of disappointed this die hard spicy food fanatic, Thai Siam). I was sort of expecting Seattle to be able to compete with Melbourne on vibrancy and well everything because they're the same size and it fell short. That's my fault though, I went to Seattle with an already screwed up mindset expecting strict guidelines to be met (that's the way I travel though), so admittedly I am being unfair to Seattle here.

However, the cowtown jokes aside (it was just a joke, nothing more), I don't hate Seattle. No where close to hating it at all, as I think it's a lovely city and a very beautiful one too but to be honest just fell short of my expectations and it's still one of the better cities in the country and I still like it. A bit less? Yeahhh for sure.

However it's being compared to New York here which has a slice of everything for everyone, it may not be for everyone though but it's a dynamic monster of a megacity to which the likes of comparing it to Seattle just seems totally unfair.

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 02-27-2013 at 02:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City