Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2011, 06:48 PM

13 posts, read 53,419 times

Advertisements

Hi - My husband, 3 kids (10, 8 & 6) and I are moving to Manlius this summer from Milford, CT. Having never been there, I am relentlessly searching the web for info. We have found a few homes that we like very much in both zip codes for Manlius. We are looking for great schools, friendly kids/neighbors and fairly close proximity to shopping. One home we like is in Fayetteville (with Fayetteville/Wellwood schools) and no "village" taxes. Another is in Manlius with much higher taxes and Enders Rd/Eagle Hill schools. My question is what is the difference in these two areas? Both middle schools go to the same high school. Any benefit to living in Fayetteville or Manlius? Any opinions and insights are appreciated! Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 07:09 PM

93,799 posts, read 124,527,296 times
First of all, this should be on the Syracuse forum Second, they are in the same school district, which is one of the best in the state, if not country. Keep in mind that the school district is the Fayetteville-Manlius SD. Both are villages in the town of Manlius. There's plenty of shopping in Fayetteville with the Fayetteville Towne Center and some shops in the business district. Manlius has a nice cinema in the Manlius Art Cinema and a nice park with a duck pond. There's some shops in Manlius and the high school is located just outside of that village. Both have historic districts as well.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:41 PM

Thank you for the info. This was my first post -I did not realize there is forum just for Syracuse. I will try to repost there. But are both parts of the town just as nice?

Old 03-25-2011, 07:45 PM

93,799 posts, read 124,527,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaglassmomma View Post
Thank you for the info. This was my first post -I did not realize there is forum just for Syracuse. I will try to repost there. But are both parts of the town just as nice?
That area is arguably the most affluent in the Syracuse metro area. So, it really doesn't matter as both are nice. I'd say that the only difference is that Fayetteville is maybe more developed and is a little bit closer to Syracuse.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:48 PM

Thank you! I will try to repost on the Syracuse forum...

Old 03-28-2011, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,754 times
Seaglassmomma,

Welcome to F-M. Both my kids went all the way through the schools and we were very happy with their experiences. We live on the Fay El/Wellwood side of the district and love it, but friends are just as happy on the other side. I'd be happy to fill you in with more detail if you'd like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City