Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Country do you prefer to Live based on Criteria given?
Canada 40 16.53%
United States 202 83.47%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 09:01 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times

Advertisements

Canada is a fabulous country, I like it. Maybe Canadians even enjoy a higher overall quality of life than Americans--or, put another way, maybe the middle class Canadian enjoys a higher quality of life overall than the middle class American. But, the United States just has way more to offer by about any metric imaginable. Including healthcare.

Also, tell me that the quality of life in American locales like Seattle, Portland, the Bay Area, Orange County, Ventura County, San Diego, Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Boston, and Northern New Jersey is any worse overall, considering the "usual" quality of life metrics, than almost any place in Canada. You won't convince me.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:03 AM

19 posts, read 25,777 times
this comparison ended at "more to offer"...

nothing about "better" or "safer" or "actually nicer to live in," literally "more to offer."

Canada can't win that.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:28 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,270,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Scenery in favor of Canada? I don't know...I think that would definitely go to the United States. It has very similar landscapes to Canada in places like Alaska, the Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountains, Upper New England...but also has beautiful deserts and tropical areas.

Also, how is Canada's government superior?

Not saying you're wrong...just arguing for the sake of it.
Oops ...I guess he forgot to read the memo ...Canada can not be better than the USA in
anything...bet he feels like dummy now...

Old 01-07-2017, 12:38 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,270,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
USA, no doubts.
Canada is a beautiful country, with opportunities.

But Canada lacks many United States things :
-It doesn't have sunny weather (Florida, California..)
-Miami is unique, nothing like that in Canada
-Silicon Valley
-Wall Street
-Diversity : Canada is diverse, but the USA is clearly more diverse.Minorities in Canada are mainly Asians, you can't find many blacks and hispanics (and Hispanics are very diverse themselves)

Kind of Jobs, weather, diversity...The USA is ahead in these areas.
Forgot about Quebec, eh?

Kinda unique....maybe more unique than Miami, no?

Old 01-07-2017, 08:05 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,519,793 times
More to offer? By FAR the USA. There may be some other things Canada excels at, and I do love Canada, but the sheer variety of geography and cities in the US puts it way ahead in regards to "things to offer"

Old 01-07-2017, 08:39 AM

969 posts, read 2,072,798 times
Canada in a landslide. Better quality of life but with nearly the same access to the US as by US citizens. Canada has the best of both worlds. This is the one and only time that my (fill in the blank) is not better than your (fill in the blank).

Old 01-07-2017, 09:27 AM

6,075 posts, read 9,100,962 times
Not seeing how this is a comparison. Canada is a tremendous country that has a lot to offer considering how small of a population it has. It's cities are amazing, with arguably better quality of life than most US cities. It has vast resources, and breath taking landscapes. The problem is, the United States simply has way more in every category than Canada with the exception of land area. The US set the original standard on quality of life and personal freedoms. Canada has a questionable economic base and social construct. The United States is has simply been the greatest nation since the 1940s, and it is hard to argue with a country that has the largest economy, strongest military, most diverse landscape, advancements in technology, and industrial mite. The US has slacked off in recent years on its lead, but the gap is still significant. Canada again is an excellent neighbor and ally, but it isn't even close to what the US offers.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:35 AM

6,726 posts, read 6,724,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Forgot about Quebec, eh?
Wish we could forget about it. Have to love how it combines the backwards, past-its-prime, foolish pride culture of France with the climate of Siberia.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:12 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
United States

Old 01-07-2017, 05:35 PM

1,732 posts, read 1,892,864 times
The First Thing Canada offers is Cold Weather so that automatically takes it down a notch for me. Not like the U.S where you can just move to Florida or something, The Entire Country Is COLD no matter where you move, So that's strike against Canada for me, someone who doesn't like cold weather

Second the U.S has a answer for Everything Canadian , Canadian Bacon? Texas Bacon..Maple Syrup? Butter Pecan Syrup, Canadian FootBall League? NFL. Toronto? Chicago, Montreal ? New Orleans, Vancouver? Seattle , 1 trillion dollar economy? 20 trillion dollar economy, Ottawa? Washington DC , Calgary Edmonton Winnipeg? Denver Austin Charlotte, Artic Oil? Gulf of Mexico Oil, Canadian Health care? Obamacare, Canadian Rocky Mountains? American Rocky Mountains, Canadian Niagara Falls? American Niagara Falls , CN tower? Empire State Building, Ontario? California Quebec? Texas...lol US just Trumps Canada

thirdly Canada has NO ANSWER for a few things in the US.... What's Canada's answer for New York City???? Los Angeles?...... Orlando and Disney world??? .....Las Vegas???....Atlanta and it's Worlds Busiest Airport?? The Arch( St Louis) ??..... Miami??.....Miles and Miles of Warm Weather Year Round Beaches??....the White House??..... Silicon Valley??....Six Flags??.... SeaWorld??? ..MLB??... Nashville?? Grand Canyon??... Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich??.... Chicago Deep Dish Pizza??? BBQ??? San Francisco?? Boston?? ..The Superbowl?? Thanksgiving? .. Global Companies Such as Wal Mart?? McDonald's?? Coca-Cola?? GM ??? ..Ford?? .. ExxonMobil?? Google ??Face book??

Last edited by BlueRedTide; 01-07-2017 at 05:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City