Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...........
Agree 65 27.90%
Disagree 168 72.10%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 02:59 AM

3,332 posts, read 3,692,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
Ebck120, Philly is in the region called the NY metro. After all, it's the same distance.
Yes I know that, but I don't get your point. You were making sure everyone knew that San Jose and San Francisco are two different cities and I replied, duh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 09:09 AM

5,125 posts, read 10,088,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate City 202 View Post
When people think of American cities, these the ones that are thought of or brought up the most?

No particular order:

-New York City (Largest city)
-Los Angeles
-Chicago
-Washington, D.C. (Nation's Capital)
-Miami or Atlanta

Agree or disagree
I'd order as follows:

NYC (largest/most diverse)
LA (entertainment)
DC (government)
Chicago (size/location)
Detroit (decay)

I don't include Detroit as a slam on the Motor City, but because it's the city that gets mentioned most often in any discussion of US cities that have struggled and lost population.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:39 AM

3,971 posts, read 9,674,523 times
Whatever, US automakers should have produced quality, affordable vehicles and then they wouldn't have lost out to Asian automakers.

Yeah, Chevy, Like I'm really going to drop $20,000 on an Impala when I could get a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry for the same price.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:05 PM

9,378 posts, read 9,326,130 times
Quote:
I stand by what I said when I said Boulder and Ann Arbor have better downtowns than Philly. I've been to those places, and I know what I'm talking about. Philadelphia is very similar to San Jose but San Jose is more important because it's the capital of Silicon Valley and has a better and cleaner downtown. Philly just recently embarked on the airport expansion while San Jose finished its airport. San Jose is ahead of Philly in just about everything you can think of, and Phillies2011, if you were in SJ, you'd know what I'm talking about. I'll give some examples that SJ is ahead of Philly: downtown revitalization, airport modernization, museums expansion and improvement, newly updated city hall, new library and etc. Philly is only talking about doing them and taking its time. Guess what you need a new city hall and new library. The Franklin Science museum needs upgades and I can go on and on. The point is San Jose America Made? Jury is out. The same goes for SF.

You need to consider the high tech capital of the world and SF gets absolutely no credit since NY gets no credits for what's going on in Philly, IMO!

San Jose is more important because it has a cleaner downtown. if thats your argument then you basically just gave the win to philly as far as importance goes.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Ebck120, Philly is in the region called the NY metro. After all, it's the same distance.

Philadelphia is not in the New York Metro. check your facts.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
people from san fran, just ignore durf. he's a troll or delusional. he's always trolling on threads and trying to make people think that san jose is the best city in the world.

don't worry about, no one who is in touch with reality thinks that san jose is the most important city in the bay area. please. it's not even the second most important.

same goes to people from philly getting worked up.

durf trolls on philly like it's his job.

just recently he claimed that santa cruz, ann arbor, and boulder all had better downtowns than philadelphia....

so yea it's probably best if everyone just ignores him.

I agree 100%, Durf does the same thing on other threads, he goes out of his way to put down Philadelphia.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:53 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,171,887 times
No, it's just that Philadelphians think their city is like London and Paris. I had to the record straight. Reality check.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:31 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,599,297 times
"San Jose is not part of SF. It's not a suburb of SF. It's the other way around" - durf

San Francisco is not a suburb of San Jose, and vice versa.

"Philly is in the region called the NY metro. After all, it's the same distance." - durf

Philadelphia and New York City does not share the same MSA or CSA.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:51 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
No, it's just that Philadelphians think their city is like London and Paris. I had to the record straight. Reality check.
What Philadelphia thinks their city is London or Paris?

Old 04-10-2011, 08:12 AM

2,419 posts, read 4,721,264 times
Posters make accounts just to hate on Philly.

Whats with the jealousy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City