Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you like better (all aspects)?
Houston 38 29.23%
Philadelphia 92 70.77%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 08:23 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times

Advertisements

[quote=dee936;19254191]
Quote:
Hi this Dee936 let me tell every one first, this past decade Philly had to set back an enjoyed the ride while Houston Drive. People People People!!!!!listen to yourself houston just had past Philly and took the number 4 spot then houston took over the metro pop by taken philly spot.
Yeah the Philly area sat back as our area grew at a faster rate than New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago this census . The only reason Houston moved up is because of its insanely large city limits. Most people know in reality Philly is actually larger. If Philly had even half of Houston's city limits, it would already surpass it in population so lets not get ahead of ourselves. As for metro, Philly is still ahead of Houston and is likely in the short term to distance itself even further if any counties get added back to Philly MSA that were previously removed.

Quote:
Philly quit hating yall just hear everyone say the citys in the south are spraweling places and up there is jammed up.Houston is the denses city in the south.
Why would a true city like Philadelphia hate on a city that is mostly made up of mostly suburbs. If we were going to hate on any city it would probably be New York City and definitely not Houston.
Quote:
Houston probably has more People from around the world visit a year then Philly.
Though you may be actually correct on this point you must not forget that Philly gets almost the same amount of visitors each year. It not like its a huge gap. Its right behind Houston in the rankings.
America's Most-Visited Cities - Forbes.com
It is also important to mention that Philly being so close to New York City(U.S. largest city) and Washington DC.(the nation's capitol) takes away a lot of visitors who can only visit 1 or 2 cities altogether.

Quote:
One thing it is a recession if people from other countries are going too visit Northeast its NYC or Philly guess what it is NYC because it is so much to do and way more history then Philly ha ha ha so looks like yall need to pick a fight with BIG BRO NYC.
Of course New York City has more things to do ITS THE COUNTRY'S LARGEST CITY, its suppose to be that way. As for New York City having more history I assume you were just kidding with that comment.

Quote:
Philly is still disappointed about the census because Houston took there spot and now behind an couldn't wait on a thread like this so they can bash houston.
City proper rankings are not really a good way of comparing cites these days. Philly has a much smaller land size than Houston which is about 4x larger. If Philly had the same city limit size as Houston did, it would almost double Houston's population. In reality is still much larger when now politics are involved.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:36 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,470 times
Ha Ha Ha lol lol lol lol lol You got to be kidding me,do you have a one way of thinking if houston had the city limits that philly have we wouldn,t be having this dicussion because Houston would be the big player of this game.Ha Ha Ha Ha lol lol lol still laughing at you no matter if in a metro or city limits houston has more people in the metro area. I see you put a link on finding the most toured city but how hard was it to put a link on Americas largest metros of 2010-11 guess you clearly forgot that one Ha Ha Ha please quit misleading people.An If Houston sprawel then LosAngeles is one an to tell it like it is I would perfer both over old city Philly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-21-2011, 08:44 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,932 times
Illadelph by far.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:13 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Illadelph by far.
Is that some village in Middle Earth??

Old 05-21-2011, 09:16 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,470 times
Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2011, 12:32 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,897,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Is that some village in Middle Earth??
Cough.... You know better than that. But in case you don't know it's just a slang termed by the some of the younger natives but popularized by the "Legendary Roots Crew" & Eve.. Grammy winners. Ever herd of them?

I am sure this a knickname or two for Houston...Right H town?
Personally I take Philly cause I'm from there and visit regularly and have brought some of my friends from LA, NOLA, & ATL at one point or another and they loved the city. I love my hometown and reconize the negatives as well as the positives and like the growth of the city and the direction it's heading. We had a great time each and every time a few have spoken with me and a few of my relatives about relocation there. Outside of Center City there are other areas of the city and region to do things and have a good time. "Trust Me"...

Nothing against Houston I am sure it's a great town and I remember where I was when I watched the news announcing that LA replaced Chi as 2nd City and Hou replacing Philly as 4th.. At the time we were losing the Naval Yard that employed thousands as well as our textile & steel industries that had a tremendous trickle down effect. Companies like Budd, Mack, and a few others that built metal parts for autos and other machines began laying off then fading.. There was a little more too it but in a nut shell we were'nt too far off from what Detroit is dealing with now.

Things have and are changing for the better population's growing and people are visiting the city.

http://http://www.philly.com/philly/business/20110517_ap_reportphillytourismrisensteadilysince1 997.html (broken link)

http://http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110519_Census_shows_young_adults_are_being_drawn _to_the_city.html (broken link)

http://http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110519_Searching_for_a_job__his_move_to_Philly_p aid_off.html (broken link)

Last edited by Lenses & Lights.; 05-22-2011 at 01:11 PM..

Old 05-22-2011, 12:50 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJacc View Post
Cough.... You know better than that. But in case you don't know it's just a slang termed by the some of the younger natives but popularized by the "Legendary Roots Crew" & Eve.. Grammy winners. Ever herd of them?
just a light hearted joke dude.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:32 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,897,664 times
Quote:
just a light hearted joke dude.
I know..Who said I was angry..H TOWN!!!

Old 05-22-2011, 03:51 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,650,547 times
Quote:
I would not call the city that grew the most last decade (1.2M people) not having much going for it.

Cities like Houston are where the US is going. Cities like Philly is where america has been.

Houston => Future
Philly => Past
Doesn't look like Htown is doing very well in this poll. I wonder why that is?

Old 05-22-2011, 03:55 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Live in Houston. Philly to visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City