Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,996 times

Advertisements

I'm a Florida resident and promoter and even I am shocked at how skewed the responses have been in favor of Tampa. I think it should be way closer. These two metros are extremely different and which would make a better vacation destination depends entirely on what kind of vacation you want. If you want less heat, more humidity, the beach, and more walkable city districts (i.e. Ybor City, Downtown St. Pete) choose Tampa. If you prefer a dry heat, hills and mountains nearby for hiking and biking, and as much golf as you can handle, Phoenix would be a better choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 01:42 PM

171 posts, read 325,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Tampa because it's on the water. Phx is not good.
I think you made your point about PHX about 4000 posts ago. Anything new?

Old 01-05-2013, 04:29 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,048,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I'm a Florida resident and promoter and even I am shocked at how skewed the responses have been in favor of Tampa. I think it should be way closer. These two metros are extremely different and which would make a better vacation destination depends entirely on what kind of vacation you want. If you want less heat, more humidity, the beach, and more walkable city districts (i.e. Ybor City, Downtown St. Pete) choose Tampa. If you prefer a dry heat, hills and mountains nearby for hiking and biking, and as much golf as you can handle, Phoenix would be a better choice.
I have a questions and the OP may find it interesting if he or she is into it What has more bars and night club.

Does Phoenix have lots of bars and night club more than Tampa.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,525,829 times
Tampa obviously... Well, not Tampa itself but nearby Clearwater/St. Pete...beaches, Busch gardens, etc...I used to live in Orlando and now I live in Phoenix and while I love it here a lot, I wouldn't say Phoenix is a true vacation spot, unless you are not into going to the beach and you prefer nature exploring-ness, and spas and stuff like that...Now like I said Tampa is boring, Clearwater/St. Pete is where is at! Good luck and have fun!

Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,525,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleBrat View Post
I think you made your point about PHX about 4000 posts ago. Anything new?
Usually these are people that don't get off their behinds and for some reason they think that their lives will magically improve if they move to another city...I love Phoenix there is so much to do, so much!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City