Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,503 times

Advertisements

I'm 25, single, straight, white and male. I live alone and without pets, I carry little debt, my Jeep is a POS but it works and I own it, I'm a salesman, and I expect to earn $36- 40,000 this year. I don't care for "multiculturalism" or a city's artistry, I want to live somewhere that is more business-friendly than not, and I want to rent in a clean-cut part of town. I'll find a job before I move in January.

I've been to everywhere on my list except Dallas and Ft. Worth, though I have visited between The Woodlands and Galveston. And of Florida I remember only the Orlando area and St. Augustine Beach. I spent four days in California in January, mostly driving around Los Angeles and Orange County, with a stop in San Diego. I visited Texas and Florida too long ago to be able to make good judgements. With this in mind, I've researched cost of living, salary, and climate data of each place, I know what rentals go for. I don't want to live in an area at risk of flooding. Newport Beach and Huntington Beach areas were at the top of my list a few months ago 'til I discovered a lower cost of living in the south (than even in Denver).

So what say you? Any of you love your city or state? Do you Californians think that the cost of living is worth the life? Are hurricanes worth the risk in Florida? What do you know about these places that most people don't ask about and most data doesn't mention?

FWIW, the smog above Los Angeles wasn't bad and traffic was fine. And I drove a lot. I drove through sparse traffic on wide highways with drivers who drove too fast to get in my way; it was great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 10:40 AM

469 posts, read 887,103 times
I live in Dallas. What do you want to know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City