Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 09:40 PM

14,019 posts, read 15,001,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhTheUrbanity View Post
College kids to go pubs and bars everywhere. But other cities also have lots of huge, exciting nightclubs. Why don't more open in Boston? There's obviously the market for it.
Boston ain't Miami, not does it have to be and it shouldn't be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 12:34 AM

103 posts, read 96,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Boston ain't Miami, not does it have to be and it shouldn't be.
a. I never said anything about Miami. I'm not sure why people are even bringing Miami up in a Seattle vs. Boston thread.

b. Every city has dance clubs. The notion that Boston shouldn't have lots of big dance clubs because it's "not Miami" is stupid. Miami's club scene pales in comparison to some cities I visited when I was younger and used to go clubbing. In Ibiza they would laugh at Miami's nightlife.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
a. I never said anything about Miami. I'm not sure why people are even bringing Miami up in a Seattle vs. Boston thread.

b. Every city has dance clubs. The notion that Boston shouldn't have lots of big dance clubs because it's "not Miami" is stupid. Miami's club scene pales in comparison to some cities I visited when I was younger and used to go clubbing. In Ibiza they would laugh at Miami's nightlife.
Boston's nightlife is in the same vien as English cities, even London's tube used to shut down at 12:00 until like last week.
It's a different culture than some of the night life heavy cities, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:53 AM

828 posts, read 691,439 times
Seattle.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:43 AM

103 posts, read 96,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Boston's nightlife is in the same vien as English cities, even London's tube used to shut down at 12:00 until like last week.
It's a different culture than some of the night life heavy cities, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Ummmm.....no. You've obviously never been to London. Yes, the tube shuts down at midnight. But the nightlife blows away any city in the United States.

Again, I never said it should "be Miami". I'm just puzzled as to why it's not better with 10s of 1000s of University and College students. It makes no sense.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 849 times
Default Vegan?

Hi all! I'm thinking about moving from Seattle to Boston in
2017, I have a possible academic job offer at one of the major universities. Here's my question: My family has been vegan for 13 years, and we love how veganism is not only commonplace but almost dominant culture in Seattle. What's the vegan scene like in Boston, compared to Seattle? Thanks in advance.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Ummmm.....no. You've obviously never been to London. Yes, the tube shuts down at midnight. But the nightlife blows away any city in the United States.

Again, I never said it should "be Miami". I'm just puzzled as to why it's not better with 10s of 1000s of University and College students. It makes no sense.
I never said it was like London, It is pub/bar oriented (like most of England), as opposed to Club oriented, and generally shuts down early, like Manchester or Birmingham. and Yes, even a Cosmopolitan big city like London actually shuts down pretty early.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:59 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,851,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeAmericaGayAgain View Post
Hi all! I'm thinking about moving from Seattle to Boston in
2017, I have a possible academic job offer at one of the major universities. Here's my question: My family has been vegan for 13 years, and we love how veganism is not only commonplace but almost dominant culture in Seattle. What's the vegan scene like in Boston, compared to Seattle? Thanks in advance.
Veganism isn't unusual in Seattle, but it's hardly dominant outside of some narrow slices of local culture.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:49 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,923,394 times
Boston got this over Seattle: better downtown, major U.S. history, more dense, more cosmopolitan and more sport teams

Old 08-30-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
Veganism isn't unusual in Seattle, but it's hardly dominant outside of some narrow slices of local culture.
As long as you are not obnouxious about it, like preaching about how meat is horrible to everyone in the supermarket, vegans are fine in Boston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City