Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More integrated
California 70 63.64%
Northeast 40 36.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 02:29 PM

54 posts, read 69,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
"Most" Mexicans are hostile? That's just stupidity. Most Mexicans work hard, and the majority of what is built in southern Caliornia, and dozens of other states, is thanks to the Mexicans immigrants.
You'd be "fighting" for a country that secretly loves illegal immigrants. Who needs greedy white folk when we got illegal Mexicans who are willing to work harder for WAAAAAY less? The drug cartels and gangs are one thing, but you say this as if there's no Gangs or drugs in NYC, Newark, Camden, Philly, Baltimore, Buffalo, Bridgeport etc.
So you support illegal immigration? You support all those marches and rallies demanding the Southwest to be part of Mexico.

I'm sorry. You're a traitor.

I don't care if they 'work hard' or 'built things'. They are illegal. They need to leave.

Remember a few months ago, an innocent person was fishing in Texas, and got killed by the cartels? Is that your vision for America?

Yes, the Northeast has crimes, but at least it isn't organized by foreigners who want to take over the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 03:50 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostTeenageDream View Post
And I have seen Indian males date White females and females of other backgrounds (usually Asian), no one bats an eye.
I doubt that.

Its human nature to notice stuff like that, even if they dont express it. And just because they notice it isnt necessarily a bad thing either.

Also, the West has the highest percentage of Multiracial People, followed by the Midwest.

Population 2 or More Races, 2005-2009
West 2.4%
Midwest 1.4%
South 1.3%
Northeast 1.1%

Also, most old school Indians I know do not want their sons or daughters to marry outside of their culture and so do many other people from other cultures-not necessarily out of racism, but more because they realize that marriage is not just the bride and groom, but the bride's family and the groom's family.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:21 PM

43 posts, read 104,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuturePresident View Post
Why don't you add all the Latino gangs that are ethnically cleansing Whites, Blacks, Asians, Native Americans, and Pacific Islanders out of California? You know, things that affect the real world.
Well, you're racist and you seem to be from the Northeast, so I'm gonna say California.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:00 PM

Well, California only wins by 8 votes on an online poll.

Millions of Hispanics (who aren't illegal Mexicans), Asians, Blacks, and multiracial people would gladly disagree.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sustainovation View Post
Well, you're racist and you seem to be from the Northeast, so I'm gonna say California.
LOL you don't live anywhere near New York. Yeah, California being overrun with Nortenos and Surenos, Crips and Bloods, various SE Asian gangs, and white power groups...totally not racist.

There aren't any Asian gangs here to protect themselves from the illegal Mexican onslaught.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:37 PM

902 posts, read 2,786,904 times
I'm a white guy here in Northern California. I personally don't put much emphasis on race or ethnicity. I could really care less. I currently live in Marin County having just moved from Sonoma County and growing up between San Francisco and Flint, Michigan. Currently I live in the least diverse part of the Bay Area and other than the stunning natural beauty and the few GOOD people I know out here, I absolutely hate it. My girlfriend is Hatian and while many gawk at the "spectacle" of a white red haired guy and a Haitian girl and many hate, I find that it isnt all that uncommon, even in the northbay.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:42 PM

BTW even in Marin there is traces of diversity and integration as compared to much the rest of the country. Much less than other parts of the area, but as compared to a lot of the country there is quite a bit of diversity with a fairly high foreign born population. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) is roughly 20 %.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:49 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,530,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Having lived in both, I would say that more intermingling between ethnicities and races outside of the workplace is in California. As for better race relations, they are both horrible.
thank you! someone who's honest for once

cali is as non-racist as new england

Old 08-11-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostTeenageDream View Post
That is what people say but what I have experienced is that marriage with Whites is okay but they really do not want their kids marrying Blacks.

Also, statistic is inaccurate. Lots of Black/White mixed kids down south who only put down Black on a census.
Culturally speaking (regardless of geography. Or what race/ethnicity), the majority of people from one family whether black, white, hispanic, asian, etc don't want their children to marry outside of their race. Plain and simple. It doesnt matter whether you are in NYC, SF, or Omaha, Nebraska. There are always going to be those who are open to the world, life, and those who live by their (or others) standards. Who one loves is entirely they decision and who honestly cares that much about the next man (or woman) that they can decide what's right, or wrong. Interracial relationships, although uncommon, are fairly abundant in most cities around the country.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:55 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,530,843 times
botom line - the more minorities, the more racism

see: london

its a disgusting part of ignorance in culture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City