Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,251,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
LMAO! I mean, seriously, this is truly laughable and I'm not even trying to be offensive.

Here's the real order:

1. New Orleans
2. Atlanta
3. Savannah
4. Miami
5. Charleston
1. DC
2. New Orleans
3. Atlanta/Baltimore
4. Savannah
5. Charleston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 10:28 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I think Baltimore should be in the mix for the next set, it actually has aspects similar to Seattle in many ways on size though with less DT workers but it is very compact and vibrant DT - Def a top ten in this regard. Baltimore is perffect example of city placed in another geography would feel very large
Baltimores downtown is like half as dense in size of Seattles in the same area. Downtown seattle has 50% more residents twice as much work force , three times as much retail and twice as much office space in close to the same size downtown oh and downtown Baltimore has 6,400 hotel rooms Seattle has 13,700 . I would think Seattle would have more foot traffic than Baltimore but i could be wrong.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:31 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
Baltimores downtown is like half the size of Seattles in the same area. Downtown seattle has 50% more residents twice as much work force , three times as much retail and twice as much oofice space in close to the same size downtown oh and downtown Baltimore has 6,400 hotel rooms Seattle has 13,700 . I would think Seattle would have more foot traffic than Baltimore but i could be wrong.
agree on the commercial space as i noted on residents especially in close proximity i believe that Baltimore exceeds Seattle though fairly close and agree the retail is better. But on size scale and feel they seem more alike. on foot traffic are close though i would give an edge to Seattle

more though that i thought Baltimore was one left the other list and would be in the top ten

Old 10-26-2011, 10:34 PM

815 posts, read 1,857,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
1. DC
2. New Orleans
3. Atlanta/Baltimore
4. Savannah
5. Charleston
savannah and charleston have more foot traffic than dallas or houston or austin?

Old 10-26-2011, 10:50 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,251,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfieldian View Post
savannah and charleston have more foot traffic than dallas or houston or austin?
Savannah/Charleston/Austin have better CBD cores than Dallas/Houston/Miami post 9-5 IMO. Outside CBD then Dallas/Houston/Miami > Savannah/Charleston/Austin.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:21 AM

2,744 posts, read 6,108,506 times
San Antonio should easily be listed on any of these lists for pedestrain street traffic. And the Riverwalk a level below street level is usually bursting at the seams with people.

NYC
Chicago
San Francisco
Philadephia
Boston
Seattle
Washington DC
Las Vegas
San Diego-San Antonio tie
New Orleans
Pittsburgh
Portland
Atlanta
Minneapolis
Los Angeles
St. louis
Denver
Baltimore
Austin
Cincinnatti
Milwaukee
Charleston
Savannah
Sacramento
San Jose

Old 10-27-2011, 12:46 AM

11 posts, read 21,483 times
"San Antonio should easily be listed on any of these lists for pedestrain street traffic. And the Riverwalk a level below street level is usually bursting at the seams with people.

NYC
Chicago
San Francisco
Philadephia
Boston
Seattle
Washington DC
Las Vegas
New Orleans
Pittsburgh
Portland
Atlanta
Minneapolis
Los Angeles
St. louis
Denver
Baltimore
Austin
Cincinnatti
Milwaukee
Charleston
Savannah
Sacramento
San Jose"

Right on

Old 10-27-2011, 01:24 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Vegas?

Not really sure, and especially as it is so micro focused and touristy (plus much of the time is fairly dead really). Half block off the strip is basically a dead zone and hardly walkable and not interesting or full of people.

To add these places why not add DT Disney, the Atlantic City Boardwalk, or Six Flags over TX...

Old 10-27-2011, 01:28 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqsox56 View Post
"San Antonio should easily be listed on any of these lists for pedestrain street traffic. And the Riverwalk a level below street level is usually bursting at the seams with people.

NYC
Chicago
San Francisco
Philadephia
Boston
Seattle
Washington DC
Las Vegas
New Orleans
Pittsburgh
Portland
Atlanta
Minneapolis
Los Angeles
St. louis
Denver
Baltimore
Austin
Cincinnatti
Milwaukee
Charleston
Savannah
Sacramento
San Jose"

Right on

Fort Worth should be on this list as well....

Old 10-27-2011, 01:29 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Vegas?

Not really sure, and especially as it is so micro focused and touristy (plus much of the time is fairly dead really). Half block off the strip is basically a dead zone and hardly walkable and not interesting or full of people.

To add these places why not add DT Disney, the Atlantic City Boardwalk, or Six Flags over TX...

I understand what you are saying, but the thread is downtown foot traffic, not an entire city. If you were to expand upon the obvious cities the ones listed are okay. Although, there are lots of smaller cities that may be better than some of these....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City