Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 11:42 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,737,566 times

Advertisements

NOLA, Houston, Chicago...

Now we have Cleveland and the Bronx speaking up!!!

Old 10-24-2011, 11:54 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,737,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.o.n.y8787 View Post
Im from the bronx. That speaks for itself
Just being from Bronx doesn't mean you know any more about Hip Hop than some kid from South Dakota, let alone anything at all. Sorry, but nobody gets points just based off of where they're from.

I have family in Brooklyn & Bronx that know nothing about Hip Hop...

Not trying to knock you, but the point is, SPEAK on it. Just saying "Im from the bronx" isn't enough. Even if you're trying to state the obvious, which is the Bronx is the birthplace & home of Hip Hop, if you don't say it and there's someone that simply doesn't know (can't put anything past anybody) that reads this thread, they might get the wrong impression or misled.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:38 AM

1,223 posts, read 2,266,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Rep'd Cleveland hard

MC Brains - the name, lol, the name
Mo Thugs -
Kid Cudi -
Ray Cash -
Machine Gun Kelly -I only heard a little bit from him
Chip Tha Ripper - very underrated
116 Soljaz -
216 -
Al Fatz -
Cleveland has more rappers than I realized. Many of them are solid too.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:05 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,932 times
Hip hop in the NC Triangle area has kinda fallen off since Little Brother

Old 10-25-2011, 11:27 AM

408 posts, read 581,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
Also, one of the best story-teller MCs in Hip Hop right now (IMO) is Jay Electronica, from NOLA. Jay Electro is a monster with the story telling flow.
Jay Electronica is a beast i definitely agree with that...the south always had lyricist lowkey.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Most people forget that Mad Skillz (changed to Skillz) is from the DC area. Actually, most people don't even think of him anymore until New Years' time when he always drops his New Year flow.
Skillz is From Richmond VA.. but yeah i get what your saying DMV

Old 10-25-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Now that I think of it...

Seems like I can't think of anything going on in:

Milwaukee
Tampa
Columbus, OH
San Antonio

Can anyone enlighten me/us?
Milwaukee- not since Coo Coo Cal and Ray Nitty last year with that song "Bow" that was on the radio and in the club for 2009-2010. very sad my city is so weak with Hip Hop all they listen to up there is Boosie/Webbie/Gucci Mane.. Bs

Old 10-25-2011, 02:37 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
The point was that saying that all swishahouse/SUC talk about is "chrome, h*** and ice" is a pretty big oversimplification when actually a lot of them aren't really talking about that even if they mention it.

And I definitely don't see how J-Dawg doesn't fit the mold of rappers who talk about "more"... I don't see how you can listen to "Last Year" or "Pin on Fire" and think he has nothing to say.
Whether you believe it's oversimplification or not( which btw, I don't think it is), that does not change the fact that they aren't the best Houston has to offer. About J-Dawg, I don't care for his flow, his delivery, or his voice honestly. It's like he's rambling on the song.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:32 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
To be honest, I have little use for 85% of the rap I listen to besides the instrumentals/beat and the simple pleasure of hearing a rythmic flow of "clever" wordplay, but I can probably count on one-and-a-half of my hands the number of rappers that have had anything to say that I truly found edifying.

I love rap, but it's not the most beautiful or expressive form of black music, in my opinion.

It's also sad how discriminatory the genre is. Women and gays still receive little to no respect in today's rap/hip-hop world.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:55 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Whether you believe it's oversimplification or not( which btw, I don't think it is), that does not change the fact that they aren't the best Houston has to offer. About J-Dawg, I don't care for his flow, his delivery, or his voice honestly. It's like he's rambling on the song.

The bolded I can understand. Don't see how he's rambling but I'll leave it at that.

Personally I don't agree with the first statement so far as that a rapper like K-Rino is necessarily "better" than a rapper like Z-Ro... different subject matter, yes. Better as a rapper? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City