Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2011, 09:00 AM

2 posts, read 11,302 times

Advertisements

So I've been only to LA and I'm considering this cities for a 3 night shopping trip with my daughter.
I will be going in December and air tickets cost about the same (50 USD cheaper to Miami). I know shopping in LA is pretty good (the best in the country after NyC) but I want to try something new and Miami is a beautiful city and only 3 hours away from my hometown and LA is 4 hours away.

So although I will be shopping, I would also like to do some "tourist" things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 11:43 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,005,791 times
If you want to try something new go to Miami.
I think Miami is easier to get around by car since it is smaller and more dense. Plenty of great shopping in Miami. One great thing about Miami Beach you can going shopping till 12am on Lincoln Road.
Aventura Mall is good, Dolphin Mall is a large outlet mall and Sawgrass Mills an easy 45min drive or so North of Miami is one of the largest malls in the world. Also a lot of good outlet stuff there.
Bal Harbor Shops and Merrick Park for upscale shopping.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:51 AM

2 posts, read 11,302 times
What would I find in LA that I will not be able to find in Miami ??

Old 10-30-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oavcech View Post
Probably nothing. Miami has all the highend stuff. Only thing I can think of is LA has that Fashion district. Maybe you wont find as much vintage/hippie stuff in Miami as you do in LA. But for mainstream and high end and outlets etc.. Miami has anything LA would have. Of course Miami Beach has lots of small stores and a few large ones. Its a cool place to shop.
But just google: Dolphin Mall, Sawgrass Mills, Aventura Mall, Bal Harbo Shops, Merrick Park Shops, Lincoln Road. You will find just about anything there.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:57 PM

896 posts, read 1,169,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
I think Miami is easier to get around by car since it is smaller and more dense. Plenty of great shopping in Miami. One great thing about Miami Beach you can going shopping till 12am on Lincoln Road.
Aventura Mall is good, Dolphin Mall is a large outlet mall and Sawgrass Mills an easy 45min drive or so North of Miami is one of the largest malls in the world. Also a lot of good outlet stuff there.
LOL for the last time Miami is not denser than LA!

Old 10-31-2011, 06:08 AM

36,656 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oavcech View Post
Kitson comes to mind.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSon View Post
LOL for the last time Miami is not denser than LA!
I am not talking about population density. That means nothing to someone wanting to shop. I am talking about distance between malls and shops etc... It takes a lot less time and gas to get around Miami than LA.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:49 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,240,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Flying to Miami to shop in these places doesn't sound very exciting. This is more like Anywhere USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City