Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 01:08 PM

1,574 posts, read 5,121,022 times

Advertisements

Which of these 3 have the fastest freeway drivers/ most aggressive driving style?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 01:34 PM

281 posts, read 473,457 times
Houston=Dallas>Atlanta I would guess

Old 11-12-2013, 03:43 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,867,034 times
I've driven in both Houston and Dallas and they both are full of jerks on the road (and I'm one of them). I can't imagine Atlanta or any other large city to be any different.

Is there really any city with kind and considerate drivers? Traffic congestion will cause even the friendliest of people to lose it. Even small town people will crack when you put them in big city traffic.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:21 PM

484 posts, read 883,539 times
On the way back from a spring break trip my buddies in and I were about 20 miles from Atlanta and my buddy who was driving was amazed that we were getting passed going 80. (The speed limit was 70)

Old 11-12-2013, 07:03 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,375,735 times
Atlanta is way more aggressive.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:49 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,867,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhans123 View Post
On the way back from a spring break trip my buddies in and I were about 20 miles from Atlanta and my buddy who was driving was amazed that we were getting passed going 80. (The speed limit was 70)
We drive that fast in Texas too. I've also noticed they drive that fast in all the other states as well. People like to get where they are going as fast as possible. Even if it's to some place they don't want to be. Or a place where they have to sit and wait for hours. It's a human trait. Not particular to Houston, Dallas, or Atlanta. The world we live in has become a place for those who hate waiting. Anyone who tries to say either one of those cities have more aggressive drivers has probably never been outside of their city to realize we all aren't that different. The people in the cities mentioned are not drastically different from each other. Especially regarding something as silly as driving habits. We all get frustrated and that tends to get heightened when behind the wheel trying to get home from work and sitting in nightmarish traffic. It's the same in NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta and every city on the planet. No one likes to wait. You can't name any city where people just love to sit in traffic and don't get a little heavy footed when they have somewhere to be at.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:22 PM

1,574 posts, read 5,121,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
We drive that fast in Texas too. I've also noticed they drive that fast in all the other states as well. People like to get where they are going as fast as possible. Even if it's to some place they don't want to be. Or a place where they have to sit and wait for hours. It's a human trait. Not particular to Houston, Dallas, or Atlanta. The world we live in has become a place for those who hate waiting. Anyone who tries to say either one of those cities have more aggressive drivers has probably never been outside of their city to realize we all aren't that different. The people in the cities mentioned are not drastically different from each other. Especially regarding something as silly as driving habits. We all get frustrated and that tends to get heightened when behind the wheel trying to get home from work and sitting in nightmarish traffic. It's the same in NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta and every city on the planet. No one likes to wait. You can't name any city where people just love to sit in traffic and don't get a little heavy footed when they have somewhere to be at.
oh get off your high horse, with your silly over-explanation/ unnecessary philosophical angle/ purely annoying rant

it's a simple vs. and there's indeed a difference in driving style from city to city

Old 11-13-2013, 06:18 AM

544 posts, read 610,814 times
I don't know about Atlanta... but Dallas , Austin, Houston, are the most congested highways there are. They suck.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:48 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,709,183 times
Why?

Old 11-13-2013, 08:38 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,608,055 times
When I passed through Atlanta, I remember seeing a lot of people making freeway-wide lane changes. 4 lanes of traffic and people seemed to just casually dart from the fast lane to the other side just to make an exit. I haven't been to the other two cities to be able to comment on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City