Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city is your favorite, best?
Albuquerque 189 44.68%
Charlotte 170 40.19%
Omaha 64 15.13%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:20 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,989,623 times

Advertisements

3 Cities that don't get much attention, but what is your favorite? And why?

(Downtown, Nightlife, Sports, Art, Culture, and Quality of life)
  • Albuquerque
  • Charlotte
  • Omaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,351,883 times
I voted for Abq because it really doesn't get any love other than old Cops episodes. Omaha gets an honorable mention. Charlotte honestly sometimes get too much attention here on the East Coast.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,420,470 times
Downtown - None. Charlotte has the edge because of new development.
Nightlife - Don't care I'm LDS.
Sports - No competition. Charlotte is the only city with pro-teams.
Art - Albuquerque for uniqueness. Charlotte for museums and proximity to museums in Atlanta and other eastern cities.
Culture - Albuquerque for, again, uniqueness. Charlotte for diversity and worldliness.
Quality of Life - Charlotte. More modern, more convenient, more upscale.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:40 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,691,424 times
This is a shocking thread.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:41 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,944,786 times
I picked Albuquerque because I'm really drawn to the southwest.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,989,623 times
All these cities are really nice, I didnt even vote, Even though I created it.

Albuquerque-I'd be biased, but its my hometown and I would never leave.
Omaha-Wow its changing... Very possitive. Just came back from there.
Charlotte-reminds me of Albuquerque, its booming, and very beautiful.

Although Albuquerque has a better old-town area, way better culture founded in 1706 by the Duke of Alburquerque in Spain.

Albuquerque had much of its boom in 1955. It was Americas fastest growing city, It wasnt even on the top 100 and jumped to the 40th spot. Big time baby boomer city.. Today, New developments promise 120,000+ homes by 2020, on top of the 20,000 promised jobs, as it continues to push for a new streetcar, arena and new downtown hotel.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:26 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,030,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
3 Cities that don't get much attention, but what is your favorite? And why?

(Downtown, Nightlife, Sports, Art, Culture, and Quality of life)
  • Albuquerque
  • Charlotte
  • Omaha

in all honesty here is what I think, I have never been to Omaha or Charlotte so here it goes.

Downtown- Charlotte,Omaha,ABQ
Nightlife- Charlotte,ABQ,Omaha
Sports- ABQ,Charlotte,Omaha
Art- ABQ,Charlotte,Omaha
Culture- ABQ,Charlotte,Omaha
Quality of Life -Omaha,Charlotte,ABQ--- im guessing here

the reason I picked ABQ in sports over Charlotte is cause ABQ averages more people for their triple-A teams,almost double the attendance than Charlotte and Omaha. ABQ has a strong tie with Triple-A ball and the LA Dodgers organization, its in the city roots here. The NCAA team of the NM Lobos has massive support and the arena was voted in the top 20 all time of any sports venue by Sports Illustrated and has been in the top 10 in attendance since the arena opened in 1966 until 2001.

Charlottes teams are newer.
Omaha has triple A ball but dosent have a NCAA team with great dedication throughout the decades.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:48 AM

13,355 posts, read 39,974,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
in all honesty here is what I think, I have never been to Omaha or Charlotte so here it goes.

Downtown- Charlotte,Omaha,ABQ
Nightlife- Charlotte,ABQ,Omaha
Sports- ABQ,Charlotte,Omaha
Art- ABQ,Charlotte,Omaha
Culture- ABQ,Charlotte,Omaha
Quality of Life -Omaha,Charlotte,ABQ--- im guessing here

the reason I picked ABQ in sports over Charlotte is cause ABQ averages more people for their triple-A teams,almost double the attendance than Charlotte and Omaha. ABQ has a strong tie with Triple-A ball and the LA Dodgers organization, its in the city roots here. The NCAA team of the NM Lobos has massive support and the arena was voted in the top 20 all time of any sports venue by Sports Illustrated and has been in the top 10 in attendance since the arena opened in 1966 until 2001.

Charlottes teams are newer.
Omaha has triple A ball but dosent have a NCAA team with great dedication throughout the decades.
How does ABQ have a better sports scene than Charlotte? Charlotte also has a couple of major league teams (NFL and NBA) that you cleverly forgot to mention. In addition, Charlotte hosts 3 annual NASCAR races, is home to 80% of NASCAR teams and is headquarters to NASCAR.

Charlotte also has more than 40 golf courses, and there are two PGA events in the Charlotte area every year.

There are many things I like about ABQ, but Charlotte beats the pants off of ABQ (and Omaha) when it comes to their sports scenes.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:58 AM

8,981 posts, read 17,297,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
the reason I picked ABQ in sports over Charlotte is cause ABQ averages more people for their triple-A teams,almost double the attendance than Charlotte and Omaha.
Charlotte's AAA team plays in the equivalent of a shanty-house in South Carolina. Give the Knights a nice stadium in downtown Charlotte and your ABQ argument flies out the window.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:11 AM

44 posts, read 116,718 times
Albuquerque, then Omaha, then the souless, huge suburb of Charlotte if I had too. But I would probably kill myself before moving to a housing division in Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City