Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 08:12 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitopiaaa View Post
Denver's at 2,985,871. Not quite there yet.
Boulder is, for all intents and purposes, part of the metro. It should be 3.3 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2023, 08:30 AM

6,540 posts, read 12,037,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Boulder is, for all intents and purposes, part of the metro. It should be 3.3 million.
For some reason they don't officially count Boulder as part of Denver's MSA but they do for the CSA.

Next up as of the 2022 census are Baltimore, St. Louis, Orlando, Charlotte, and San Antonio in order, with actually the last 3 especially Orlando as having the most potential to pass Baltimore and St. Louis in crossing the 3 mil mark first.

Old 08-15-2023, 08:55 AM

92 posts, read 105,532 times
San Antonio CSA gains about 50k a year and in 2023 that figure is right around 2,725,000... it should cross the 3 million mark before the end of the decade.

Old 08-15-2023, 08:58 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,803,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
For some reason they don't officially count Boulder as part of Denver's MSA but they do for the CSA.

Next up as of the 2022 census are Baltimore, St. Louis, Orlando, Charlotte, and San Antonio in order, with actually the last 3 especially Orlando as having the most potential to pass Baltimore and St. Louis in crossing the 3 mil mark first.
I would bet that Orlando has passed STL by now and will definitely cross 3M before it.

The way Charlotte, Orlando and San Antonio have been growing, I think they will be pretty close to Denver by 2030.

I think Austin has a good chance of making it to 3M not long after the next census.

Old 08-15-2023, 09:19 AM

718 posts, read 492,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
I would bet that Orlando has passed STL by now and will definitely cross 3M before it.

The way Charlotte, Orlando and San Antonio have been growing, I think they will be pretty close to Denver by 2030.

I think Austin has a good chance of making it to 3M not long after the next census.
According to the new census delineation Charlotte's csa is now at 3.3 million. There is a thread about this in the North Carolina forum.

Old 08-15-2023, 10:49 AM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Dreaming 2 View Post
According to the new census delineation Charlotte's csa is now at 3.3 million. There is a thread about this in the North Carolina forum.
Orlando CSA is at 4.2M

I don’t think it will be too long before some of the fast-growing municipalities in both CSAs become part of their MSA.

Old 08-15-2023, 12:38 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
The Triad always stays losing
Alamance County feels like it'd have commuters to BOTH Durham and Greensboro, from looking up it's location. Also I believe it's possible that one day, Raleigh-Durham might get up to 3 million residents. There aren't any weird issues going on here, like that Raleigh and Durham are considered separate metros? Since I've always viewed both cities as the same metro area.

And as the Nashville area was mentioned earlier, does the Census consider Montgomery County (w/Clarksville) and Maury County(w/Columbia) as part of the Nashville area? If it doesn't, to me I'd include those 2 counties in the Nashville metro area myself.

Old 08-15-2023, 01:12 PM

592 posts, read 589,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Alamance County feels like it'd have commuters to BOTH Durham and Greensboro, from looking up it's location. Also I believe it's possible that one day, Raleigh-Durham might get up to 3 million residents. There aren't any weird issues going on here, like that Raleigh and Durham are considered separate metros? Since I've always viewed both cities as the same metro area.

And as the Nashville area was mentioned earlier, does the Census consider Montgomery County (w/Clarksville) and Maury County(w/Columbia) as part of the Nashville area? If it doesn't, to me I'd include those 2 counties in the Nashville metro area myself.
Maury County is currently part of Nashville’s CSA however I’m surprised Montgomery Country/Clarksville/Bowling Green, KY isn’t included in CSA numbers as it’s about the same distance to Columbia with tons of commuters. Adding the Montgomery/Clarksville MSA would add another 330,000 to the Nashville region to around the 2.4-2.5 million range currently.

As for the topic, I can see Orlando, Charlotte, San Antonio and a few others reach or just under 3 million by the 2030 census.

Last edited by jkc2j; 08-15-2023 at 01:20 PM..

Old 08-15-2023, 03:56 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post

Because of commute patterns, alot of people who work in Boulder also live there. But many also live 10mins away in metro Denver. Greeley is also in the CSA, a county that borders Wyoming. I don't think it's wild to predict Ft. Collins being added to the MSA/CSA in the future.

Old 08-15-2023, 04:22 PM

718 posts, read 492,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Orlando CSA is at 4.2M

I don’t think it will be too long before some of the fast-growing municipalities in both CSAs become part of their MSA.
They should already be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City