Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 07:05 PM

958 posts, read 1,197,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoLA View Post
Wow, too bad L.A. has no warehouses... or distribution centers... or manufacturing... or massive port complexes... or gigantic intermodal shipping yards... you got me.
Too bad that's the exception in LA and not the rule.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:05 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,851,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername View Post
No, at this point I'm saying what you don't want to hear.

That doesn't make LA blue collar, let alone more blue collar than most.

You know, I just love it when you make it clear you've got nothing to say by talking ish. Thank you.

Thank you for showing that you have no idea what blue collar means.

People working on movies aren't blue collar.. at all. Blue collar means you grow up hard and get up very early to do a very difficult, very PHYSICAL job. I could point you in the direction of plenty of actually blue collar people within a few miles of where I live. People who get up and go to warehouses or people who are police officers or a whole host of other kinds.
Blue-collar worker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Believe it or not, making a film requires lots of hard, physical labor.

You can be blue collar and then not be blue collar, it is silly to think you have to be born into it.

PS There are police in LA, and they don't commute from the East Coast.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:06 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,560,832 times
Quote:
Too bad that's the exception in LA and not the rule.
..but still more than any other city in America. Makes the EC look kinda soft.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Blue-collar worker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Believe it or not, making a film requires lots of hard, physical labor.

You can be blue collar and then not be blue collar, it is silly to think you have to be born into it.

PS There are police in LA, and they don't commute from the East Coast.
No, sorry, don't think so. Nobody who knows anything about what blue collar is would ever say that making a film is blue collar.

No, you can't. If you come from a comfortable background and work a job you got because you screwed up in life, that doesn't make you blue collar. It makes you a failure.

Like I said... blue collar is the exception in LA, not the rule.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
..but still more than any other city in America.
In your dreams maybe.

The Philly metro is a million times more blue collar than any part of California has been or ever will be. It was the workshop of the world at one point and still has quite a few blue collar professions, including our own very large port.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
No, sorry, don't think so. Nobody who knows anything about what blue collar is would ever say that making a film is blue collar.

No, you can't. If you come from a comfortable background and work a job you got because you screwed up in life, that doesn't make you blue collar. It makes you a failure.

Like I said... blue collar is the exception in LA, not the rule.
LOL as I read this reply I totally thought someone else posted this and was being sarcastic

Old 03-05-2012, 07:09 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,560,832 times
Quote:
In your dreams maybe.

The Philly metro is a million times more blue collar than any part of California has been or ever will be. It was the workshop of the world at one point and still has quite a few blue collar professions, including our own very large port.
Not as busy as our port.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
In your dreams maybe.

That is smaller and therefore has less blue collar workers than Los Angeles.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
LOL as I read this reply I totally thought someone else posted this and was being sarcastic
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Not as busy as our port.
Quote:
That is smaller and therefore has less blue collar workers than Los Angeles.
Please do keep posting and showing even more examples of why you have no clue what blue collar actually is about.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:13 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,539,399 times
Quote:
The Teamsters would disagree with you...
Teamsters Local 399, Hollywood, CA 91602

Unless you think the Teamsters are not "blue collar" enough...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City