Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Los Angeles vs. San Francisco
Los Angeles 132 38.26%
San Francisco 213 61.74%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:25 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I know, I think most NYers were rooting for the Lakers, it was more than just "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" too lol.

I know, people were going in for him and Odom.

I was always a Magic, Nets, Lakers, & Suns fan. I've been an all out Laker fan lately though, I'm happy for Artest & Odom.
Lol yep, and me too.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:26 AM

Lol @ people from NorCal rooting for Boston, thats horrible man. I guess when you have a team like the Golden State Warriors, it can get a little depressing at times. I won't get into it though, because I root for the Knicks & Nets lmao. I root for Florida teams as well, but I'm definitely a die hard NY fan.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:28 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,380,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
original post deleted (language)
Haha, there are some bars here in the SFV where the Red Sox/Patriots/Celtics fans congregate and talk smack about LA. I'm thinking of driving around there to ask them how it feels?

Boston is such a spoiled sports city, with EVERY team of theirs always doing well. It's nice to see some change.

Anyways, most of my NorCal friends were cheering for the Lakers (since the Warriors..well, you're from there so you know). In fact, most of the anti-Laker sentiment amongst my friends on Facebook and Twitter were from Orange County. LOL! Sure showed them...

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 06-18-2010 at 07:50 AM..

Old 06-18-2010, 12:29 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Lol @ people from NorCal rooting for Boston, thats horrible man. I guess when you have a team like the Golden State Warriors, it can get a little depressing at times.
I grew up in the Bay and the vast majority of them rooted for Boston b/c of spite. They'll root for the Kings but act like the Lakers are the worst thing on earth even though they've never had a real rivalry with them besides being in the same division.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:31 AM

Boston just recently got on a little hot streak with sports, but before then they had some of the worst teams in the country. You don't know how fun it used to be going to Yankees Red Sox games in the Bronx shouting "1918!" the last World Series they won before 2004.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Haha, there are some bars here in the SFV where the Red Sox/Patriots/Celtics fans congregate and talk smack about LA. I'm thinking of driving around there to ask them how it feels?

Boston is such a spoiled sports city, with EVERY team of theirs always doing well. It's nice to see some change.

Anyways, most of my NorCal friends were cheering for the Lakers (since the Warriors..well, you're from there so you know). In fact, most of the anti-Laker sentiment amongst my friends on Facebook and Twitter were from Orange County. LOL! Sure showed them...
You have some nice friends then cause all my homies were against me, I lost money tonight b/c they didn't cover the spread but I could care less. This win feels so much better than last year. FAWK BAWSTAN!!!!!!

Old 06-18-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
I grew up in the Bay and the vast majority of them rooted for Boston b/c of spite. They'll root for the Kings but act like the Lakers are the worst thing on earth even though they've never had a really rivalry with them besides being in the same division.
The Lakers are like the Yankees, people either love em or hate em.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
The Lakers are like the Yankees, people either love em or hate em.
Love the Lakers but FAWK BAWSTAN!
here is a pic I snapped at the Red Sox/Yankee game last August visiting NYC for the first time:

Funny pic, but this is a PG-13 board. Sorry. - Moderator

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 06-18-2010 at 07:52 AM..

Old 06-18-2010, 12:40 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,380,504 times
Quote:
Boston just recently got on a little hot streak with sports, but before then they had some of the worst teams in the country. You don't know how fun it used to be going to Yankees Red Sox games in the Bronx shouting "1918!" the last World Series they won before 2004.
Even though I'm not the hugest Yankee fan in the world (in fact, I'm the opposite), seeing Boston lose is so much more important to me. I remembered when I was living in NYC, a bunch of Red Sox fans invaded the subway and started annoying the hell out of me (you know, picking fights, being drunk, showing the finest features of humanity). I kept saying I was a tourist from CA, and they believed me (since I don't have the accent or NY mannerisms), but man they were loud..obnoxious..generally rowdy group of people.

I'm sure Red Sox fans will say the same about Yankee fans. But I was just trying to live my life as a 14 year old kid. LOL!

Quote:
You have some nice friends then cause all my homies were against me, I lost money tonight b/c they didn't cover the spread but I could care less. This win feels so much better than last year. FAWK BAWSTAN!!!!!!
Well, to be fair, most of those people were band wagoning (or appeal to the obvious jock love side of Kobe Bryant). LOL! Anyone who knows basketball history would know that Boston is the one team that has won more than the Lakers. In fact, we're still down 9-3 in total. That's fine, we'll even up the score soon

Like I said, most of the anti-Lakers and anti-Dodger sentiment that I see is from Orange County. THEN the Bay Area. Like when the Dodgers lost to the Angels 3 games in a row, my friend from Anaheim was laughing at me. Then I reminded her "hey, you're right. The Dodgers suck so much they should make a movie about them about how they need help outside forces in order to win.." That conversation quickly ended

Old 06-18-2010, 12:41 AM

Removed by moderator - photo has been removed.

Those are my people right there man! True Yankee fans, gotta love em!

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 06-18-2010 at 07:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City