Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Philly-San Francisco A Reasonable Comparison?
Yes 65 49.24%
No 67 50.76%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 10:52 AM

86 posts, read 129,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
I voted No. I live in Philly and often visit SF for business, as well as visiting my relatives.
One thing that is a stark contrast between Philly and SF, as a part-time personal shopper is the shopping option.
SF offers more variety from national retailers, indie / urban stores and even independent boutiques.
Philadelphia retail option is limited and almost non-existent. I seldom have to go to Manhattan to do the shopping for my clients.
So because SF has more variety when it comes to shopping, there's no OVERALL comparison between Philly and SF? That's just ridiculous!

By the way, if retail options in Philly are so limited and you SELDOM have to go to Manhattan to do the shopping for your clients, then just where the heck are you shopping for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 11:05 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,118,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
did u mean the opposite of seldom?

Old 08-07-2013, 03:36 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,667,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I think you need to take another trip to Philly.

Gallery at Market East | Gallery at Market East's Website Home Page

This is possibly the first time in 25 years or more that I've ever heard anyone boast about The Gallery.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:28 PM

2,226 posts, read 3,868,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
This is possibly the first time in 25 years or more that I've ever heard anyone boast about The Gallery.
Yeah, it's not that nice. But it does exist, however.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:47 PM

8,634 posts, read 13,041,341 times
Quote:
No boasting at all. The poster said that Philly had no malls. I was merely correcting his mistake.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:38 PM

787 posts, read 1,700,784 times
Quote:
LMAO. If you're going to boost a mall, at least mention Liberty Place. The Gallery is the stomping grounds of middle school hoodrats having a date at footlocker and Cinnabon.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:28 PM

8,634 posts, read 13,041,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakal View Post
LMAO. If you're going to boost a mall, at least mention Liberty Place. The Gallery is the stomping grounds of middle school hoodrats having a date at footlocker and Cinnabon.
My statement still stands valid. Neither him or you have yet to prove me wrong.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:43 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,578,993 times
cali doesn't know how to do cities

that's why SF thinks its NYC

Old 08-07-2013, 10:33 PM

2,342 posts, read 4,001,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
cali doesn't know how to do cities

that's why SF thinks its NYC
Youre clueless Starks. As clueless as your namesake in the finals 20 years ago. Useless.

San Francisco doesn't think it's NYC. San Francisco's identity whether good or bad is too tied to its liberal idealism, gay friendly environ, vegan and veg friendly atmos, use of cannabis, etc. Does that sound like NYC to you Starks?

If not then sthu and lay off talking about a city and state you wont ever come close to living in.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:40 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,581,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
Youre clueless Starks. As clueless as your namesake in the finals 20 years ago. Useless.

San Francisco doesn't think it's NYC. San Francisco's identity whether good or bad is too tied to its uptight liberal idealism, gay friendly environ, vegan and veg friendly atmos, use of cannabis, etc. Does that sound like NYC to you Starks?

If not then sthu and lay off talking about a city and state you wont ever come close to living in.
I agree with this. When I lived out there it was mostly that. SF is many things NYC isn't, and vice versa. Often very pro bay area and a "we do it like this here" but back east they do it like ...that. It is only on this board where I've seen comparisons drawn, never in real life. In his defense, that is probably what he is referring to... the board. I think SF knows it is it's own thing, very unique, with no similar areas really in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City