Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 10:00 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,888,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianH View Post
Not trying to be offensive to you, RabiSankor, but it's possible that you could be being a little overly self-conscious about it and women are picking up on it. Believe it or not confidence and a positive attitude can go a long way
^ This

Being confident and positive is going to attract women no matter where you are. Well, unless they're specifically looking for an insecure guy to leech off of...

Whenever I'm in SF, I see a fair number of Indian guys with white women, especially Indian-American/Americanized guys. Have you tried the SOMA crowd? Basically an intermixed White-Asian-IndoPak, young upper-middle to upper-class crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 10:29 AM

12 posts, read 24,414 times
where in SF do you see this?

I live in a diverse middle class area and I have never seen it in 2 years here.

As for being insecure. Well I thought it was just me until I started venturing on some online forums and saw a long list of threads by indian guys saying how women don't want them because they are Indian.

A lot of the women here have told me openly in front my face that they do not do foreigners.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabiSankor View Post

As for being insecure. Well I thought it was just me until I started venturing on some online forums and saw a long list of threads by indian guys saying how women don't want them because they are Indian.

A lot of the women here have told me openly in front my face that they do not do foreigners.
Like I said, the whole SOMA crowd, i.e. in the SOMA area. You see it around Union Square and the Financial District as well.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:53 AM

141 posts, read 223,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Like I said, the whole SOMA crowd, i.e. in the SOMA area. You see it around Union Square and the Financial District as well.
I agree, I lived in the bay area for 16 years and have seen mixed Indian/*insert other race* couples around SF as well as the east and south bays. Even Santa Cruz, in fact I had a friend in Santa Cruz that was born in India and grew up in London(he had an English accent) that was dating a blonde woman for a while. I still think it comes down to confidence and the way you carry yourself. When you're overly self-conscious and discouraged women DO pick up on that. Im sorry you've had negative experiences with women saying things like that to your face. Some do harbor that attitude, but there's several million people in the bay area, just be persistent, and most importantly, be yourself, have fun and don't try too hard, things of that nature tend to happen when you least expect it. Good luck!

Old 07-17-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I agree, I lived in the bay area for 16 years and have seen mixed Indian/*insert other race* couples around SF as well as the east and south bays. Even Santa Cruz, in fact I had a friend in Santa Cruz that was born in India and grew up in London(he had an English accent) that was dating a blonde woman for a while. I still think it comes down to confidence and the way you carry yourself. When you're overly self-conscious and discouraged women DO pick up on that. Im sorry you've had negative experiences with women saying things like that to your face. Some do harbor that attitude, but there's several million people in the bay area, just be persistent, and most importantly, be yourself, have fun and don't try too hard, things of that nature tend to happen when you least expect it. Good luck!
I may have dated their daughter when I first moved to SF...

Old 07-17-2012, 11:40 AM

141 posts, read 223,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I may have dated their daughter when I first moved to SF...
Nah, this was just 10 years ago and they eventually broke up. Didnt have kids, and even if they did, Im sure they wouldnt have allowed her to date

Old 07-17-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Nah, this was just 10 years ago and they eventually broke up. Didnt have kids, and even if they did, Im sure they wouldnt have allowed her to date
Yeah, I'd hope not That ain't my scene... IIRC this girl's dad was a professor at UCSC.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:50 AM

2,342 posts, read 3,996,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabiSankor View Post
Most places.
Quote:
Where? Sunnyvale? Santa Clara? Cupertino? Union City? Oakland? Redwood City? Fremont? Palo Alto? Daly City? San Mateo? Milpitas? Mountain View? San Jose?

In San Francisco? Where? Sunset district? Castro? Richmond district? Bernal heights? Mission Dolores? Silver terrace? Bayview? Upper Market?

Where do you live that you're having these problems?
Quote:
What does this have to do with San Francisco and the rest of the bay? Just sounds like you're bad at socializing IMO.
Quote:
This cant be true considering the bay is VERY FOREIGN.

American FactFinder - Results

I'm not buying this until I have supportive answers.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:56 AM

12 posts, read 24,414 times
I live in Redwood City (san mateo county), never seen an Indian guy with anything but an Indian girl throughout this city.

I am decent at socializing but I just find women here unapproachable, interracial dating happens but mostly it is

1. white guys with other races
2. black guys with white girls

that is about it

Old 07-18-2012, 09:09 AM

2,226 posts, read 3,863,257 times
I know white girls/Latinas who dated Indian guys in NYC. I couldn't tell you about the overall success rate, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City