Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 06:22 PM

399 posts, read 883,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Chicago *sometimes* gets lake effect, very rare though... Chicago definitely gets blizzards, though not noreasters, b/c it's not well, the north east.

Nothing like UP michigan cities or something, and can get over 200 inches of snow a year.

Thank you for confirming my post.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:33 PM

555 posts, read 592,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoorSeattle View Post
6 hours? Again, proof?
You crave attention, dont you? lol
You wrote:

Im from Upstate NY, and you will be surprised to find out at the cloud cover is roughly the same as you guys. In fact, I think Syracuse and the Central NY region is a tad cloudier to be honest. We live just east of the Great Lakes, and those are HAVENS for moisture and clouds that it drops directly on us.

In any case, you are from a place far away from New York. Why do you even voice you opinion about that city here?

Old 10-01-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flotard View Post
In any case, you are from a place far away from New York. Why do you even voice you opinion about that city here?

Says the guy who lives in ****ing Florida. Hahahahahahahahah

Anyway, Upstate NY is about an hour from the city, which in some cases, is closer than parts of Long Island and even Jersey, two places synonymous with NYC.

So "far away" indeed...

Guess I cant commute there via the MetroNorth either... shucks. I mean, its practically Canada, right?

Old 10-01-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:

Anyway, Upstate NY is about an hour from the city, which in some cases, is closer than parts of Long Island and even Jersey, two places synonymous with NYC.

So "far away" indeed...

Guess I cant commute there via the MetroNorth either... shucks. I mean, its practically Canada, right?
"Upstate NY" is NYS anywhere north of NYC, it could be from 5 minutes and 6 hours from the city, all the way to Canada. Again, you prove how little you know about the region. lol

Last edited by flotard; 10-01-2013 at 09:12 PM..

Old 10-01-2013, 09:32 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,824,885 times
Quote:
"Upstate NY" is NYS anywhere north of NYC, it could be from 5 minutes and 6 hours from the city, all the way to Canada. Again, you prove how little you know about the region. lol
You really are a sad human being. You waste your life bashing a city you hate whats the point? I hate Rush Limbaugh, but the difference is I have a LIFE and dont waste my time going on forums trolling and wasting my time to bash Rush. I currently have a terminally ill cousin and it makes me realize how precious time is. I am sure if you became very ill or something you would realize what a waste all this bashing is, how really stupid it is and really offers nothing but hate to this world. Think about it.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:

No it isnt. Westchester isnt Upstate. Neither is Rockland.

...."Again, you prove how little you know about the region. lol"

I 100% agree with UrbanCheetah. Pathetic and sad.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:51 PM

37,153 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Most people where? Williamsburgh? Chelsea? Tribeca? LOL Do you think Manhattan is mostly inhabited by plumbers and electicians? LOL
It is what it is just because of the influence of the artsy and intellectual. Nothing else. Why do you have to go for the lowest common denominator?
Does anyone think north williamsburg, chelsea and tribeca represent most of new york? Are you a rube from the backwaters whose only experience of NYC is the television?

Old 10-01-2013, 09:52 PM

The "NYC expert" cant even spell Williamsburg correctly.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:54 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
Quote:

So "far away" indeed...

Buffalo is 6 hours away from the city, that is part of upstate as well. Unless your aiming at a direct city upstate that is a hour from the city?

Old 10-01-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
No it isnt. Westchester isnt Upstate. Neither is Rockland.

...."Again, you prove how little you know about the region. lol"

I 100% agree with UrbanCheetah. Pathetic and sad.

Of course it is. From NYC perspective anything north of NYC is upstate. have you even been to NYC yet? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City