Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 08:27 PM

669 posts, read 917,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoorSeattle View Post
Im not going to bother reading your reply. In fact, im done reading any of your posts because they dont make a difference.

So ill say this. Nothing ive experienced in Chicago has been "second best" to NYC. There, I just canceled out your opinion. See how that works? To expand further, not once have I ever said to myself while in Chicago, "gee, I sure have NYC on my mind right now while doing this."
Your not a very bright in the head are you? Claiming you won't read my reply and then going ahead reading it and responding to it. LOL ok then.

I seriously doubt any YOU experienced has any relevance on things what so ever since you are one of the biggest fanboys for Chicago in this place, one of the worst after midwest1. Expecting you to admit Chicago is way below NYC's level would be like asking conspiracy theorists to accept the moon landing was real. Nobody with any sense would be holding their breath on it. Majority of the people would pretty much agree that Chicago is by no means at the same level as New York and that's fine by me. I am not going to lose sleep over it if some people stay in denial about it.

Btw, you not the "second best" either. LA has been above Chicago for a long time now. No matter how many GaWC studies people want post in here that fact is not changing. Not to say I rank cities based on population anyways.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
Great for them. The previous poster was clearly making up facts about the Chicago metro losing population, which is factually incorrect.
Actually I just made a mistake with the ordering of words. This is really what I was meaning to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
You don't you mention growth for Chicago then? It was one of the slowest growing metro. Even lost population city wise. Why is the exact opposite thing happing to it if cities are growing in general because they are cheap?
I will admit to not proof reading it and hence the mistake. Don't really have time to always do that as some of us actually have things to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Dont feed the trolls! Just ignore him will go away.
Well it doesn't really stop you from mindless bickering whether people respond to you or not. So I don't think that works.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flotard View Post
it has to be noted that the City of Chicago has been loosing population since 1950's, to be exact about a1 million or a quarter of population of the city is gone.
Metro Chicago is growing which does not change the fact that the city is shrinking. For comparison both metro and city of New York are more populous than EVER BEFORE and are both still growing.
Posting stats against fanboys has never really worked in my experience. Let them live under the delusion that Chicago is a "clean" place or that it comes even close to in either culture or activity to NYC. Chicago only looks more and more of a dreary place than people say it is if there is seriously this many people that have nothing better to do than sitting in their basements arguing with statistics.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:33 PM

555 posts, read 592,395 times
Quote:
Great for them. The previous poster was clearly making up facts about the Chicago metro losing population, which is factually incorrect.
i bet he meant the city of Chicago and the in fact is losing population since 1950's

Old 10-13-2013, 08:57 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,414,300 times
Quote:
i bet he meant the city of Chicago and the in fact is losing population since 1950's
Again, great and wonderful, but it was still wrong and despite the so-called slow growth of the metro area and loss in city population for the last census, the Chicago metro area area still grew faster than the New York metro area.

United States Metropolitan Statistical Area Population - iWeblists

Old 10-13-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Again, great and wonderful, but it was still wrong and despite the so-called slow growth of the metro area and loss in city population for the last census, the Chicago metro area area still grew faster than the New York metro area.

United States Metropolitan Statistical Area Population - iWeblists
Bud, you realize that NYC metro is a few times more densely populated than Chicago metro and that any growth in NYC metro borders a miracle?

Chicago metro was still growing pretty slow compared to double digit growth metros like Houston, Phoenix or even DC. And the city of Chicago was still losing population, as a matter of fact it reported the second worst population loss in the us, right after... Detroit.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Bud, you realize that NYC metro is a few times more densely populated than Chicago metro and that any growth in NYC metro borders a miracle?

Chicago metro was still growing pretty slow compared to double digit growth metros like Houston, Phoenix or even DC. And the city of Chicago was still losing population, as a matter of fact it reported the second worst population loss in the us, right after... Detroit.
Moving goal posts when you can't move the chains...

Old 10-13-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Moving goal posts when you can't move the chains...
Bud, there is already 20 million people in NYC metro. For comparison there is just 12 million people in the entire state of Illinois. You got it? There is more people living in NYC metro that there is in the entire state of Illinois. LOL

Old 10-13-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Bud, there is already 20 million people in NYC metro. For comparison there is just 12 million people in the entire state of Illinois. You got it? There is more people living in NYC metro that there is in the entire state of Illinois. LOL
I applaud your inconsistent rounding skills and inability to post up-to-date statistics all while making an apples-to-oranges comparison. Clap clap.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I applaud your inconsistent rounding skills and inability to post up-to-date statistics all while making an apples-to-oranges comparison. Clap clap.
And I applaud your eloquence while trying to hide the fact that you were making and apple to oranges comparison yourself. Yes, NYC metro doesn't grow fast or much but there is a very reason for it: its already super huge: some 20 million huge. Like I pointed out already there is almost twice as many people living in NYC metro than in your entire state of Illinois.
Nobody expect New York City or New York metro to grow much, there is not much more room left to grow there. Can you grasp that concept? LOL

Last edited by flotard; 10-13-2013 at 03:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City