Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 05:16 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Lol.

Before the Texans formed the Saints was my team. Cant abandon them. I am also a fan of the Steelers.
On the opposite end i am with most on here, the Cowboys would have to be my least favorite team. The pats would come next, closely followed by the Ravens.

Many people here take pride in the Texans beating the Titans because they moved, but i dont care enough about the Titans
The hatred usually does come from one side inside the state of Texas so this is not a shock. The majority of Cowboy fans have no hatred of the Texans. :shrugs: You must hate the Titans as much or more than you do the Cowboys, though. The Cowboys aren't a rival of the Texans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 08:33 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,342,561 times
If I'm reading that second map correctly, a significant portion of Virginia roots for the Cowboys. I might just be a little color blind.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:37 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
If I'm reading that second map correctly, a significant portion of Virginia roots for the Cowboys. I might just be a little color blind.
I don't know if that's very accurate. But there are thousands of us up here including DC and Maryland. So it's possible but again, don't know how accurate that is.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Thats right. The Cowboys have a huge following in Southern Virginia.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:18 AM

2,226 posts, read 3,857,622 times
Anyone post PPP?

Americans favor the Niners - Public Policy Polling

Quote:
PPP's 4th annual Super Bowl poll finds Americans rooting for the 49ers over the Ravens on Sunday by a 33/25 margin, although a 42% plurality don't care one way or the other who wins the big game.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:34 AM

519 posts, read 1,023,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Then there are teams I wish ill for, which are the Cowgirls, the "G" Men and the Patriots. I despise those teams and wouldn't even cheer for them if my son were the starting QB.
Sometimes I really love football.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Quote:
That was interesting--along with the map showing South Carolina as mainly Steeler territory... Is that one right as well?

It's interesting the places where fan support for an NFL team is solid for the boundaries of a state or area. The New England Patriots fanbase is basically the exact borders of New England minus a county in SW Connecticut. The Green Bay Packers is all of Wisconsin, with a few patches to the west.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:38 PM

32,110 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
That was interesting--along with the map showing South Carolina as mainly Steeler territory... Is that one right as well?

It's interesting the places where fan support for an NFL team is solid for the boundaries of a state or area. The New England Patriots fanbase is basically the exact borders of New England minus a county in SW Connecticut. The Green Bay Packers is all of Wisconsin, with a few patches to the west.
I'm surprised that the Saints' fanbase extends so deep into Alabama. You'd think that would be Falcon territory more or less.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:45 PM

32,110 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm123 View Post
They oversampled Democrats!

Old 02-01-2013, 12:56 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I would say yes. I've never lived in Texas, but I do consider myself somewhat of an NFL "expert" (no, I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night), so I will go out on a limb and say that the Cowgirls are really that dominant in the Lonestar State. They're an older team and their fans are still riding high on titles won nearly 20 years ago. That's hard to compete with.

Though just a Facebook generated map, I think it might confirm what many of us have probably noted anecdotally:

Steelers Nation is HUGE and DEEP. This is why bars from NYC to Denver to LA will be packed with annoying fans waving "terrible towels" any time they play. They have sleeper cells in every part of the globe and their fan base is by far more willing to travel than any other. But I suppose that is what several Super Bowl titles and decades of consistency get you.

The Cowgirls have a whole lot of fans, most notably in southern Virginia. I guess they have the fat bodies to go along with their massive egos.
I laughed really hard reading this.

Its funny looking at the map and seeing that the Cowboys are at least in the top two or three in the US in terms of numbers of fans, but my international travels confirm how far the reach really is. Ive seen Dallas Cowboy bars in Mexico City, Seoul, Tokyo, and London.

No doubt, the Steelers have a far reach too, but I question if its as deep as the Cowboys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City