Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 04:17 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,741,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Kinda like suburban office parks? Oh okay.

I'll focus on people...

YIKES...

Compared to LA, there are NO 'major' cities in the Northeast except New York. The rest are all smallish and cute by comparison, especially DC(what a cutie pie)

LOL....do you have a picture of the population density in New Delhi too? Population density has nothing to do with the feel of a neighborhood. The design does. You can have the ghetto though.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:20 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Seriously guys, who gives a crap about density in the context of this thread? You're just burying posts that are on topic with your junk.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:21 PM

Just Ghetto!

Downtown LA: Skid Row, Fashion District, Historic Bank District - YouTube

Old 05-22-2013, 04:23 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,847,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Seriously guys, who gives a crap about density in the context of this thread? You're just burying posts that are on topic with your junk.
//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...s-angeles.html

Old 05-22-2013, 04:23 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,515,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
You think that looks "ghetto"? You sound really suburban in your tastes...

With the exception of homeless people in Skid Row(which many major US cities have an area like), none of those areas are that bad.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
You think that looks "ghetto"? You sound really suburban...

With the exception of homeless people in Skid Row(which many major US cities have an area like), none of those areas are that bad.

Have you been to D.C? It's clean. Buildings that are supposed to be white are white. There isn't a whole bunch of trash all over the street. The buildings in that area look old and run down. They need a power wash. And look at all those cheap knockoff stores. If you need to still pull down a steel gate when you close, odds are the neighborhood is ratchet.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:46 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,515,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Have you been to D.C? It's clean. Buildings that are supposed to be white are white. There isn't a whole bunch of trash all over the street. The buildings in that area look old and run down. They need a power wash. And look at all those cheap knockoff stores. If you need to still pull down a steel gate when you close, odds are the neighborhood is ratchet.
I don't really about care about how clean the streets are in commercial areas...but that doesn't area even look that dirty to me. Who cares? Have you ever been to Paris? There's dogs--t all over the streets. Naples, Italy is one of my favorite cities in Europe and that place is a mess... Hong Kong is worldclass in parts and parts of it are a dense chaotic mess.

Those cheap stores are great--last time I was in downtown LA I bought like 5 pairs of socks and a couple t-shirts for $5 at one of them... It was almost enough to offset the four $15 martinis I had at the bar at the Biltmore later in the afternoon... I like that downtown LA is sort of funky and a mix in parts--it's more interesting than the chain restaurants and tourist joints somewhere like Times Square. There's interesting old architecture all over the place and it still feels sort of working class Latino. With the old buildings there's a lot of opportunities for gentrification, but hopefully it doesn't end up another generic area with Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and TGIFs and that sort of thing...

Old 05-22-2013, 05:39 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
This thread has gone way off topic. If you wish to discuss things like population density, you need to go to the Urban Planning forum. This thread is now closed.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City